Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

form question on ATF squat

Thanks lot man. I am gonna lower the weight a bit and try to stick to good form. I just realized that my heavier weights on the squat, at 315, were partial squats to parallel, not ATF like doing now.
I just dont know that a 100+ lbs drop was required when going from partial to full squat!!! but maybe it brought up this weakness I have, or just shows how sissy partial squats are.

I would hit the core hard.. strong abs will probably make it more easier to stay upright.

I do agree with ccj, leaning forward puts more strain on the lower back; I would make sure you have strong abs and hamstrings, this will probably help the forward lean a good deal.

kiosk said:
Thanks lot man. I am gonna lower the weight a bit and try to stick to good form. I just realized that my heavier weights on the squat, at 315, were partial squats to parallel, not ATF like doing now.
I just dont know that a 100+ lbs drop was required when going from partial to full squat!!! but maybe it brought up this weakness I have, or just shows how sissy partial squats are.
I think that gap will narrow quickly, then dissappear completely. My squat got higher after adjusting to atf than it ever did when going to parallel (even when juiced).

kiosk said:
ok...what the heck is it thou? any pics or details?
Its hard to explain. Its a squat where you hold the bar in the crook of your arms out in front of your body. Much easier to show someone than to explain it. Try GOOGLE. You should really try it, once you learn to lean back a little your squat will improve tremendously. Box squats work also.

hangclean said:
Its hard to explain. Its a squat where you hold the bar in the crook of your arms out in front of your body. Much easier to show someone than to explain it. Try GOOGLE. You should really try it, once you learn to lean back a little your squat will improve tremendously. Box squats work also.

Are they as essential as olympic squats? I was under the impression that olympic squats were, bar-none, the greatest exercise for core-strength. My squat is the most pathetic thing ever. I bench more than I squat for crying out loud, and I can't figure out why.

Top Bottom