Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

form or weight.

The problem is once you start sacrificing a little form to get more weight then soon you will be sacrificing a lot of form to get even more weight. Look at what WHP said, that is the same advice I have always given people to this question.

Form is absolutely more important. You should give yourself as much weight as you can to perform as many reps that you're aiming for (the actual amount of reps varies). If you cannot complete another rep without sacrificing form, you have reached concentric muscular failure. Never sacrifice form, you're asking for injury.

I have never seen anyone in my gym do a correct squat. They always fuckin lift 3-4 plates doing half ass 2 inch squats with the thighs doin a 60degree split.. some people just dont get it. actually most opeople just dont get it.

Welsh power house said:
I use a weight that i can only do 4-5 on the bench, if i only get 3 on the last set, my spotter will get it out of me....as long as i am not dieing under the weight....A GAZA????!!!!

lol

WELL THATS RIGHT ...YES.

for others on the board: welsh power house was benching away without a spotter, he went to put the weight on the rack and missed, ending up with the bar behind his head.

p.s. The weight fell of one end too! lol.

benchmaniac2 said:

for others on the board: welsh power house was benching away without a spotter, he went to put the weight on the rack and missed, ending up with the bar behind his head.

p.s. The weight fell of one end too! lol.
Ouch...did he get hurt???

DanielBishop said:
I always felt that "heavy" is all relative....

I lift 185lbs on bench press. That's not much.... but that's as much as I can do with good form, for an adequate number of reps. So to me, that's heavy....

I think you shouldn't worry about the numbers, just make sure you're pushing yourself as hard as you can with perfect form.... and if you fail between 6-10 reps, that's a heavy enough weight for you. There's some benefit to cheating a little bit for one or two last reps once you've reached positive failure, but be safe.

Exactly...

i suggest as heavy as you can WITH good form, you start giving up form and you start involving other muscles that you might not be teargeting at the time........:D

Top Bottom