Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

For married peeps - how old were you when you got married?

velvett said:
Not to sound completely selfish but fuck it it really bothers me that any guy that crosses my path has been married and just remembers what the "evil selfish bitch" did to him and I am sick and tired of having to pay for someone else's mistake. Why should I have to suffer because you got married TO SOMEONE ELSE and it didn't work out?!

You ruin it for those of us that had the sense not to dive into it in the first place.

Ok, I'm done.

Clearly I have more issues than People Mag about this topic, so I'll shut up now.

Actually, I agree with this as well.....

Which is why, after my divorce, I got therapy for as long as I felt I needed it, resolved my marriage/divorce issues along with some childhood ones.....lived by myself for a while & was alone for a while BEFORE getting involved again..... and while I'm not perfect & never will be, I feel I was better able to be in a realationship without all the extra baggage....

18 years old- still married but working on the divorce -- dont have the funds to pay for the divorce yet.

lol

Come back to this board in 5 years and a good 75% of the people married now will be divorced. It's pretty pathetic when you can predict very accurately what will happen.

wutangnomo said:
lol

Come back to this board in 5 years and a good 75% of the people married now will be divorced. It's pretty pathetic when you can predict very accurately what will happen.

75% might be a bit high, and this board is hardly a stable demographic. :)

I got married at 27, we are approaching our 5 year anniversary. I couldn't be happier, and each year truly does get better.

I have said this before, marriage is not for everybody, but for those who are lucky enough to make it the long haul, I don't think there is anything on earth that can replace that. :)

pitbullstl said:
75% might be a bit high, and this board is hardly a stable demographic. :)

I got married at 27, we are approaching our 5 year anniversary. I couldn't be happier, and each year truly does get better.

I have said this before, marriage is not for everybody, but for those who are lucky enough to make it the long haul, I don't think there is anything on earth that can replace that. :)

I'd venture to say that my 75% estimate is a bit too low if anything. I disagree about this board not being a stable demographic. Marriage is marriage and suffice to say in 5 to 10 years plenty will be in the dumps. I do wish you all the best of luck though Pit. :)

Marriage is supposed to be for life. The 50% divorce rate that you commonly hear mentioned is the divorce rate within the first 7 years of marriage I believe. Nowadays more and more people are getting divorced after the first 7 years of marriage. I have some friends who are in their 60's and 70's that are in the process of getting divorced. Truly sad to say the least.

If people want to get married they should wait until their 40's or 50's at the earliest.

Top Bottom