Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

food instead of protein

iamlucha

Do you think it's ok to have a high protein meal after work out instead of a protein shake? I have to stop protein powder because it causes me bloating

Do you think it's ok to have a high protein meal after work out instead of a protein shake? I have to stop protein powder because it causes me bloating

It is definitely a good thing to replace protein with real food. After all, protein shakes are just a supplement meant to fill in the gaps in your diet. But if you eat properly, there is no explicit need for protein shakes.

When it really comes down to it, a whey protein supplement is just a convenient food supplement to help you reach your daily protein intake. It's nothing magical.

If calories and protein content is kept the same, there will be no differences in the quality of your physique from using whole food sources of protein vs protein supplements.

Protein powder is food. It makes no difference if you have a shake or eat something. Personally I like real food better so I would always prefer it. If I am in a rush then I will just have a shake.

Top Bottom