Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Floor Press, Board Press, and Bench Press

Fat rat, low end partials are fine...some low end partials are lower than the floor press. You can also use special bars to make it even lower. Anything about 2-3 board and under will help.

For lats, mostly what I do is wide grip pull ups and barbell rows. Any other suggestions strictly for improving my bench?

-sk

sk* said:

I'll try this, although I have a hard time understanding what you guys mean by keeping lats tight?

Thanks. :)

-sk

you have to find the most comfortable position for your body, but it starts by squeezing your scapula together and keeping them like that all the way through the bench press. Some people flex their traps and push back into them as well, just try a couple different ways and see how you are most comfortable

Thanks guys, sounds good.

Ok, one last question: Starting 5x5 after a week off, Chest Tues, Arms Fri...

What about doing Floor Presses and/or Speed Bench as warm up for Tri's on Arms day (before Close Grip Bench)? Maybe some partial at the end of Chest day...?

sk* said:
For lats, mostly what I do is wide grip pull ups and barbell rows. Any other suggestions strictly for improving my bench?

-sk

those are both good moves, just try to find lat moves that are in the same plane as the bench press. I do rows in the exact motion as a bench press, if you want to add something to the lat work I would suggest some time of chest supported row

IronLion said:

you have to find the most comfortable position for your body, but it starts by squeezing your scapula together and keeping them like that all the way through the bench press. Some people flex their traps and push back into them as well, just try a couple different ways and see how you are most comfortable

Thx man ...

-sk

Spatts, For a high rack lockout, you say the bar only moves 2-4 inches.I assume this is 2-4 from full lockout position. What is the advantage of adding this to your workout given the very limited range of motion?

For me? Very little, I have a strong lockout. For project? They're great. That's where he fails in competition. It hammers the tris, so at least I get a good tricep workout out of it. ;)

this post had cleared up a lot for me....because I am very similar to Sk in that the bottom is my sticking point...I took it upon myself to start doing wide grip speed benching, because I felt that I lacked pec strength and explosiveness....I am still experimenting with my form as well....haven't figured out yet how to bring my lats into the equation....I know they would help, because they are not weak.

after reading this, I think I will experiment with some floor presses and perhaps board presses...

thanks all, helps a lot :D

Top Bottom