Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fitness Log

Remember the best person to compare yourself to is yourself... but it does help to have someone else too:D Actually I took those forearm pictures like a month ago so my forearms are actually .5 inch bigger now:evil: They have been a little less veiny recently though as I have gained a little fat.

Jdid23: Yeah that was the first time I have done dips, I'm doing them the last workout of every week now, I'm going to do them again today:D

Oso: Yeah but your biceps are a little bigger than mine. I haven't really done much isolation work for them, so they are lagging big time. All the gain I've gotten in my arms recently has been triceps. And I really need to work on my legs, your legs are beast compared to mine:)

Sunday 1/03/09

.25 mile warmup 1:18 on track

Squat (all sets x 5 unless noted)
1x3x250
1x8x180

Bench
1x3x220 (barely got 3rd, hard!)
1x8x160

Row
1x3x160
1x8x120

Front Squats
1x3x205

Weighted Dips (all weights are bodyweight + lbs)
1x5x25
1x8x30 PR
1x5x35
1x6x40 PR
1x4x30 (tired!!!)

Barbell Curls (not sure about pr's)
1x8xbar+55
1x3xbar+75
1x8xbar+60

Side laterals
1x10x25's PR

DB lying Skullcrushers
1x10x40's PR
1x8x40's

Pushdowns
1x10x70 PR

Weight at night after workout:
191.4 lbs w/ athletic shorts +t-shirt

Arm Measurements (taken 15 minutes after workout)

right arm fairly pumped: 15.0" PR:D
left arm fairly pumped: 14.5" PR:D

Comments:
Good, fun workout. Squats are still pretty easy, but bench was hard. I've lost a little strength on bench and barely got the 3rd rep. I'm probably not going to make the 220x5 monday and am going to have to restart week 3 for bench.:( I'm really loving dips and db skullcrushers right now, my dip strength shot through the roof from last week, as I barely got 35lbs x5 reps last week, and 1x6x40 was pretty easy this week. I never really got into barbell skullcrusher, but I am loving the db ones, they give me an amazing triceps pump. I was going to do more front squats, but I got tired out.

sick front squats!!!! which grip did you use?

also make sure you do your dips full ROM

i know what you mean about comparing yourself to only yourself- i was kidding with EM :)

sick front squats!!!! which grip did you use?

also make sure you do your dips full ROM

i know what you mean about comparing yourself to only yourself- i was kidding with EM :)

I used clean grip. And yes, I go full rom on dips. I was trying to show my friend how to do dips and he was doing this 1 inch bullshit and I was laughing my ass off lol. I'm going to start prioritizing front squats on Monday, doing a couple hard sets and setting pr's.

Oso: If you think that is a lot of volume you should of seen my workouts before I kept a log, I would get super into it and do like 10 sets of everything in the gym. My heart would be beating like 180 easy the whole time! That;s why I am glad I started the log, it keeps me focused.

Tuesday 1/05/10
weight pre-workout: 190.8 lbs with t-shirt and athletic shorts
Run: 1.5 miles 10:04 on track (hard!!)

Squat(sets x5)

Bench
1x4x220 (failed 5th rep) PR

Row

Front Squat (clean grip,,,fucking hard!)
1x5x205 PR
1x5x215 PR

Situps
2x10x90
PR

hypers
1x12x55
PR
1x10x55
Stretching

Comments:

Hard workout today, I am in horrible cardio shape and the run destroyed my motivation and energy. Front squats forced me to be motivated though:D. One question: So since I didn't get the 5th rep on bench should I restart this week next week?

Last edited:
awesome work man!!!! sick workout.. This is just an opinion, but i think your front squat is a bit high in comparison to your back squats. If you want to try 225 for bench and think you can hit 4-5 reps, go for it by all means. If the 220 took a ton out of you though and you were fried by the 5th rep i wouldn't move up.

awesome work man!!!! sick workout.. This is just an opinion, but i think your front squat is a bit high in comparison to your back squats. If you want to try 225 for bench and think you can hit 4-5 reps, go for it by all means. If the 220 took a ton out of you though and you were fried by the 5th rep i wouldn't move up.

Fot the front squat vs back squat thing, I don't think one or the other can be high in comparison to each other. It's like saying that your wide grip bench is out of proportion in comparison to your regular grip bench. It's just a different type of the same exercise so I'm not worried what my ratio is:)

USUALLY it's ~ 80% of your back squat and USUALLY it's around the same as your bench press. But you're right it's like comparing apples and oranges lol.

Top Bottom