Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

First cycle Anavar (bulk vs diet?)

djistaxz

I've been reading, reading and reading and intend to start my first cycle in about a month. Nervous and excited! :)

I'm ~170lbs, 5'8" and 22 yrs old. Intake at 1900-2100 calories.
I've been doing "serious" lifting (you know what I mean) for 1.5yrs and started my first cut in September. After five weeks I got ill for a couple of weeks and after that I decided to get back to bulk since I realized I need to get more mass. Was at 150lbs then.

My plan is Anavar for 10 weeks at 5mgs/day and up to 10 if I'm okay with the sides, but my concern is how well it works with bulk vs. diet. I've scheduled next cut to late March, which would mean that I'd change from bulk to cut while on Var. Is that a bad idea?
Second concern - my 170lbs is not "quality mass" so I really don't need a lot of extra fat. Lbs and weight I don't care about so gaining during my cycle is not a problem, but I've heard that most women get really bloated. How much muscle vs. fat gain do you usually get? Or won't it be a problem since I'm going to start my cut after about 4 weeks of Var?

I'm grateful for all feedback I can get on my questions as well as on possible alternatives to var! :kiss:

Last edited:
Ok I'm going to be honest here... You're carrying too much fat to be thinking of using steroids.
If I were you I'd work on cutting a good amount of fat first, 20-30lbs.
You say you're eating 19-2100 calories, are you maintaining/gaining/losing on that amount?

Ok, I appreciate your honesty :)
I'm maintaining on those calories. What will happen if start with var when I begin my cut?

Ok, I appreciate your honesty :)
I'm maintaining on those calories. What will happen if start with var when I begin my cut?

I doubt you're maintaining on those calories at your stats. I suppose it doesn't *really* matter though. How do you track? Weighing everything on a digital scale? If not then you're not tracking accurately

If you start Anavar on "maintenance"
calories you will gain weight. A calorie deficit while on steroids is needed to cut fat. And even then you won't build any new muscle, just maintain what you currently have.
Why risk the sides of steroids while cutting (unless you're a seasoned competitor which is a whole different ball game)??
At your stats you obviously need help with diet. Start there first. What is your macro breakdown?

Okay, trying to not be offended, I wouldn't come here if I wasn't serious nor without any knowledge. Keep in mind that it's not everyone that has fitness models as their ideal :)
Of course I use a scale, I'm at ~205p, ~160c and ~50f. Fast carbs during and after workouts, slower carbs rest of the day. I got diet under control, at 1400-1500kcals a day I make a good cut. Usually lower carbs to 80-100g a day and stick to 20-60min cardio a day. Cheatmeal once a week/every second week.

My intention with steroids isn't to get rid of fat, so I believe that you're right about the risk, plus the "just maintaining muscle"-effect isn't what I'm looking for. My dilemma here is that I want the steroids for gains and then should go for Var while bulking, but if I go for cutting now I probably would be bulking all summer (while my husband cut) and I wouldn't be satisfied with my cutting phase due to lack of mass. Especially on arms and back, legs are doing well. That leads me back to my first question - is it possible to guess/predict how much gain I will do in 10 weeks at 5 (maybe 10) mgs/day? Muscles as well as fat. What's your experiences?

Thanks for taking your time to respond!

Meaning cutting now to get rid of all the fat you believe I need to loose, and wait with Var until bulk somewhere in April.

Women gain muscle super slow, even with steroids. If you are really wanting to put on some serious muscle is highly recommend bulking for 9+ months, followed by a cut. The fat comes off much faster than muscle goes on. Bulking/cutting on and off every few months isn't going to get you far.
So which is it that you want to do more... Build muscle or cut the fat?
It's impossible to say how much keepable muscle a woman will gain on a first cycle, I'd say at the minimum 3-5lbs. It depends on cycle length, which compound she uses, dose, training routine, how many calories she's eating and genetics.
My first cycle I gained.... 15? 16? Pounds. Of course not all muscle. Usually muscle is gained in a 1-1 fat to muscle ratio. And then there's water weight.
If I were you yes, I'd get rid of the fat and then start a cycle. There's physical reasons for starting a cycle at a lower weight but there's also some health risks of cycling while at a high body fat percentage. Blood pressure, lipid/organ strain.

Okay, trying to not be offended, I wouldn't come here if I wasn't serious nor without any knowledge. Keep in mind that it's not everyone that has fitness models as their ideal :)
Of course I use a scale, I'm at ~205p, ~160c and ~50f. Fast carbs during and after workouts, slower carbs rest of the day. I got diet under control, at 1400-1500kcals a day I make a good cut. Usually lower carbs to 80-100g a day and stick to 20-60min cardio a day. Cheatmeal once a week/every second week.

My intention with steroids isn't to get rid of fat, so I believe that you're right about the risk, plus the "just maintaining muscle"-effect isn't what I'm looking for. My dilemma here is that I want the steroids for gains and then should go for Var while bulking, but if I go for cutting now I probably would be bulking all summer (while my husband cut) and I wouldn't be satisfied with my cutting phase due to lack of mass. Especially on arms and back, legs are doing well. That leads me back to my first question - is it possible to guess/predict how much gain I will do in 10 weeks at 5 (maybe 10) mgs/day? Muscles as well as fat. What's your experiences?

Thanks for taking your time to respond!

I think it's tough to predict as we are all so individual. I agree...I would use the var for bulking. If you want to minimize fat gains, you need to keep your diet clean and calories slightly above maintenance. My first cycle was 12 weeks/ 10 mgs/ day...17 lbs gained, 12 kept. I didn't bloat much on var, although some do. I worked like a madman and did cardio too.

Weight, imo, is relative. My stats are not far off yours but most would not guess I weigh what I do. My stage weight is around 140. I was probably about 160 when I started my first cycle. It's all in your body composition. Sounds like you've gained a fair bit in a short period recently and if it's not quality, it's a bit of a risk cycling now. If you don't care about the scale, then you have to balance out the health risks and go from there.

Top Bottom