Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

finasteride increases testosterone levels!?

Many actually claim muscle loss from Finasteride. May be the increase in Estrogen? Gyno rates are .5% on 1mg of Propecia. I'd say there are better ways to stop hair loss.

Try topical TGF-beta blockers.

bro..

finasteride increases FREE AMOUNTSO F TEST in ur body.. since it blocks DHT conversion

so if testosterone can eiher be converted to estrogen or DHT..

how to prevent gear waste?

basically .. arimidex / finasteride stack and almost none of ur gear will be wasted in conversion.. ull have super high free levesl of test which will contribute to higher gains.. period

thats why i always recommend arimidex/finasteride for aromatizing gear..

I don't think that a little extra estrogen will cause muscle loss. I could be wrong about this. But, then why would they put estradiol in cattle implants? I'm guessing that less muscle gains come from less total DHT conversion. If I remember right, DHT is somewhat anabolic itself.

Jacob

jacshelb said:
I don't think that a little extra estrogen will cause muscle loss. I could be wrong about this. But, then why would they put estradiol in cattle implants? I'm guessing that less muscle gains come from less total DHT conversion. If I remember right, DHT is somewhat anabolic itself.

Jacob
Not at all. In fact as we know it may even facilitate muscular hypertrophy, as we know that estrogen is needed for increased IGF production, as well as increasing strength, via it's fluid impacting effects in connective tissue causing increased mechanical leverage abilities.
DHT is not very anabolic, it is very androgenic and is needed and is effective for producing neuro-muscular strength enhancemnt, as is witnessed by most androgens.
So..YES..less total DHT conversion will result in slightly reduced muscular gains from not being able to achieve maximum contraction, poundages and intensity during progressive resistance training.

B32

DHT also has shown much effect on IGF1. Although, Ive never personally seen one study the even has Estrogen and IGF1 in the same sentence, I'll believe you in that respect.

I still believe there are much better ways to prevent MPB.

Last edited:
Mr. AAS said:
DHT also has shown much effect on IGF1. Although, Ive never personally seen one study the even has Estrogen and IGF1 in the same sentence, I'll believe you in that respect.

I still believe there are much beta ways to prevent MPB.
There definitely are beter ways...http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=262679&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

Here's a journal abstract regarding E's role in GH and IGF-1 production....Estrogen receptor blockade with tamoxifen diminishes growth hormone secretion in boys: evidence for a stimulatory role of endogenous estrogens during male adolescence.

Metzger DL, Kerrigan JR.

Department of Pediatrics, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville 22908.

The increase in GH production during the male adolescent growth spurt has been attributed to both androgen and estrogen receptor-mediated processes. To evaluate the role of endogenous estrogens in the control of GH secretion, we administered the estrogen receptor antagonist tamoxifen to 10 late pubertal males. Blood samples were obtained for GH determination at 10-min intervals on 2 occasions during the last 24 h of a 4-day course of either tamoxifen or placebo. Waveform-specific, multiple parameter deconvolution analysis was employed to assess GH secretory and elimination dynamics. Estrogen receptor blockade resulted in a significant (P < 0.05) diminution in mean 24-h serum GH concentrations, from 3.9 +/- 1.0 (placebo; mean +/- SEM) to 2.7 +/- 0.6 micrograms/L (tamoxifen). This was associated with a significant (P < 0.01) decline in the GH production rate [237 +/- 55 vs. 155 +/- 33 micrograms/L GH distribution volume (Lv).24 h]. Furthermore, this reduction in GH secretion was the result of significant decreases in both the maximal GH secretory rate (0.46 +/- 0.08 vs. 0.34 +/- 0.06 microgram/Lv.min; P < 0.01) and, to a smaller degree, GH secretory burst number (16 +/- 1 vs. 14 +/- 1/24 h; P < 0.05). There was also a trend toward reduced mass of GH secreted per burst (13.3 +/- 2.5 vs. 10.3 +/- 2.0 micrograms/Lv; P = 0.06). No significant alterations in either GH elimination t1/2 or GH secretory burst half-duration were observed during estrogen receptor antagonism. Tamoxifen treatment was associated with a significant (P < 0.05) decrease in plasma insulin-like growth factor-I concentrations. However, total and free testosterone, 17 beta-estradiol, insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3, and pooled 24-h LH concentrations were not significantly changed by short term blockade of estrogen action. We postulate that endogenous estrogens play a facilitatory role in neuroendocrine control of the somatotropic axis during puberty in boys. Tamoxifen blocks this estrogen-dependent stimulation of GH secretion without altering the hormone elimination t1/2. Furthermore, we speculate that any stimulatory role of androgens on GH secretion is exerted primarily through the estrogen receptor after aromatization.

B32

Thanks, my studies are more about the AR than GH/IGF1. I'm more into androgenic (theoretical) possibilities than anobolic. I might need to broaden my research.

Also, who do I contact about changing this SN?

Top Bottom