Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Feels good deadlifting with 6 plates on each side

MsBeverlyHills said:

then you deadlifted 540 not 585...

still pretty good :)

this is an old smith machine.... when (and if) i do benching on it... with a warm up of 135 it feels the same if not more... i know the new smiths are a little easier

crew9 said:
How do you perform deadlifts, any variation for that matter, on a smith machine.

only down to my knees , this works really good actually, they took the older squat rack out of our school gym where u could drop the pin like every 2 inches or so, that rocked and i dont know why those f*ckers took it out

Why the smith? Shoes may not make a difference with the smith since the bar is in a fixed plane. Being lower to the ground will be an advantage, but the leverage benefit probabally wont be there. Never deadlifted on the smith before, but seems it would be awkward. Either way great lift, but you might want to do them off the power rack. The extra stabilization will give you a fuller benefit IMO.

The power rack was being used and sum f*ckin amateur newbie was saying he hads like 6 sets left, so i said F*ck it and did them over at the smith machine.... but in the future ill try and use the power rack, the stalibization will def be a lot better with it

ive never done partial deads myself, seemed like to much back strain and not enough gain.

Lee said:
ive never done partial deads myself, seemed like to much back strain and not enough gain.

I think they take a lot out of me; I couldn't do them every week with a significant amount of weight.. but deadlifting tears me up, I will only do them heavy every 3-4 weeks.

Rack pulls are certainly a quality exercise though.

i HAV A NATURALLY TIGHT BACK and DLs haev always been my best lift.

I can DL at or near my max weekly no problem.

now squats are another story......

Top Bottom