Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

faster muscle recovery

*ebony*

okay, so i seem to be sore longer than usual after workouts. and its kinda frustrating, cause i want to workout that particular area/ muscle group again but it takes FOREVER for the soreness to ware off!! i've increased vitamin C consumption for my diet, taking in enough protein( my whey has glutamine too) but i started taking extra glutamine on top of that in the hopes that it will repair my muscles quicker.

i also read that alternating hot and cold water in the shower help with recovery. supposed to work like a hot ice pack to sooth muscles.

so what else should i do to help out.

my lats have been sore for days now and i'm getting impatient with how slowly they're recovering.

okay, so i seem to be sore longer than usual after workouts. and its kinda frustrating, cause i want to workout that particular area/ muscle group again but it takes FOREVER for the soreness to ware off!! i've increased vitamin C consumption for my diet, taking in enough protein( my whey has glutamine too) but i started taking extra glutamine on top of that in the hopes that it will repair my muscles quicker.

i also read that alternating hot and cold water in the shower help with recovery. supposed to work like a hot ice pack to sooth muscles.

so what else should i do to help out.

my lats have been sore for days now and i'm getting impatient with how slowly they're recovering.

Have you been working harder then usual? If the soreness is too severe I'd take a tylenol or something alike. Glutamine is great to repair your muscle tissues.
I have also been getting more soreness then I normally have. It lasts for days, but in my case I'm enjoying it. It means I'm doing my job. I'm kicking by asss!

thandie, yeah i've increased my glutamine intake. i don't think my intensity has been upped too much. i have not been stretching as long after my workouts though. i used to take the time to stretch each muscle thoroughly after a workout.

well i also got my period this morning, so maybe that has something to do with it. well, okay my grouchiness is probably a result of my period.:heart:

thandie, yeah i've increased my glutamine intake. i don't think my intensity has been upped too much. i have not been stretching as long after my workouts though. i used to take the time to stretch each muscle thoroughly after a workout.

well i also got my period this morning, so maybe that has something to do with it. well, okay my grouchiness is probably a result of my period.:heart:

You MUST stretch after working out. Very important to rid of lactic acid build up. You'r myscles will elongate and the recovery will be faster.
I stretch during and after.

You MUST stretch after working out. Very important to rid of lactic acid build up. You'r myscles will elongate and the recovery will be faster.
I stretch during and after.

yeah, i guess i'm focusing more on the workout and not so much after. i need to keep in mind that the workout is not over until i'm done with the cool down.

Figure Athlete - 10 Steps to Super Recovery

ebonycurves - this seems temporary from what you have said. Remember that it is the holiday season and that brings on added stress that you might not be aware of. You could be tense during the day/night and it is not allowing you to rest properly. One of my favorite things to do when I feel that way is an Epsom salt bath. The magnesium helps remove acids through the skin - for whatever reason this feels great every time. Not sure if you can take a cat nap during the day (15 minutes or so) but those help too!

ebonycurves - this seems temporary from what you have said. Remember that it is the holiday season and that brings on added stress that you might not be aware of. You could be tense during the day/night and it is not allowing you to rest properly. One of my favorite things to do when I feel that way is an Epsom salt bath. The magnesium helps remove acids through the skin - for whatever reason this feels great every time. Not sure if you can take a cat nap during the day (15 minutes or so) but those help too!

Thanks for the article, IW!
It's so true about being under recovered. I also been taking ZMA for a while and it does help a great deal. Forgot about that..

Great article. i've never taken an Epsom Salt bath, i usually do those soothing bath oil drops that smell really good.

also i never considered stress to be a factor. i've been rushing everywhere with the holidays and new year approaching so fast. presents, travel arrangements to go see family, work, boyfriend, blah, blah, blah....

and my diet has been crappy, okay crappier than usual meaning lots fast food, packaged processed foods, ect; or I'd forget if i've eaten or not sometimes. and today is no exception, especially with my period now, i'm craving lots of junk food one minute and then my tummy turns at the site of food the other. its going to be 1:00PM soon and all i've eaten so far is a hot bowl of soup.:(

i think i just need a minute to step back and breathe. i think i've working out more these days to kill stress, maybe its having the opposite effect.

Top Bottom