Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

family suing Firestone for a BILLION dollars!

Ford put the wrong tires on a vechicle of that weight considering the speed it travels,certain tires are made for certain speed/weight being put on them,ford should be more at fault then firestone because ford should know what there vehicle needs for tires,the obviously did not test properly

Ford got hit with a billion $ suit yesterday. I saw it in the headlines last night in my paper.

The family who is going for a Billion will never get that kind of settlement. No one died and no jury is going to give them that kind of money. Stupid people.

they would have lost a l9ot in the PR

also i would think setting a high claim means if there is a settlement, it will me for muchos pesetas as the claim was for a billion

Ford isnt very bright after they switched tires to Goodyear which was a wider tire some dumbass forgot to widen the assembly line and it sliced up a shit load of those tires two,Ford is just putting the blame on someone else when the clearly dont know whats going on in there factories

my hint to Ford: remove head from anus then decide to run a business

First, there is more to this than meets the eye. I suspect that Ford is more to blame than Firestone.

1. Firestone is one of the best racing tires in the world

2. That same technology is used in making family
vehicle rubber (actually a vulcanized type of material)

3. Most likely the family did not pay attention to proper
maintainence,

Posted speed limits

Driver was probably not a skilled driver for the
conditions present

Lastly, why did the tire fail?

On pickups for example, if it is on the rear the truck
will be almost impossible to control.

On the front definitely just about impossible to
control

My problem is this. Maybe the car manufacturer supplied the tire manufacturer erroneous data as to weight, required upper limits for speed (heat build up) what the tire was required to do in general, etc.

I am a stress engineer with almost 7 years experience in the field and just the other day, we had a supplier try to weasel a part in on us until he found out it would not fit the aircraft. He used the wrong material and tried to blame us saying our drawings weren't marked. But they were in about 15 different places plus in our specs which he has access to.

My point is this, it may not be Firestone, it could very well be Ford who is at fault, and the Explorer is pretty narrow and damned high off the ground.

I say, she will be offered about 10-20 mil to settle out of court and would be stupid not to accept. I would also sue Ford as well.

I don't think she or the lawyer has a clue as to who is really to blame. They just know that Firestone has been in the news and made some mistakes to which it is rectifying and figured it would be easy pickens'. Which would explain why Ford was not mentioned as a co-defendent in the lawsuit.

Top Bottom