Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

family suing Firestone for a BILLION dollars!

Natymike

I mean, I expected maybe a couple million, but A BILLION DOLLARS IS A LITTLE RIDICULOUS. Nobody even died in this accident. This is only the first of hundreds of lawsuits for Firestone. Shit If I was the owner I would leave town ASAP.

THe billion dollars doesnt make any sense...the family attorney stated that the family is just "ensuring" that something will be done about the tires..bullshit..a billion dollars being taken AWAY from the company ensures that they will prolly go under or suffer very badly in the market..I dont think there has ever been a company in history that has sustained a billion dollar lawsuit loss.

America. The land of the free, home of the brave, and place where you can sue whoever for whatever and probably win

Gotta love this judicial system :rolleyes:

Firestone makes a shitty product they should suffer in the market place. Fuck em, let em die!

WODIN said:
Firestone makes a shitty product they should suffer in the market place. Fuck em, let em die!

PRECISELY: If you make a dangerous product, you should pay the price. The litigation system ensures that companies either produce safe products or they will pay the price.

How else will we ensure that safety is priority one?

I hope Firestone pays dearly for its reckless negligence.

Ryan this is another one of the times that I agree with you...They are going to pay dearly for making a bad product, though I still think Ford needs to examine and redesign their SUV's

Ford told Firestone what type of tire they wanted.
They wanted a tire that would make a large 4 wheel drive vehicle ride as smooth as a car. To do that you have to use a softer compound rubber instead of a harder tire that you would use for a truck this heavy.
The result is you get a smother riding tire, but you loose the stability you need in a vehicle this heavy.

The blame falls on both Ford and Firestone, they should both be held responsible

TxCollegeguy said:
Ryan this is another one of the times that I agree with you...They are going to pay dearly for making a bad product, though I still think Ford needs to examine and redesign their SUV's

I also agree that Ford should hold some responsibility, if their product design is faulty.

How else will we encourage companies to make safe products? answer: HIT THEM IN THE POCKETBOOK----they'll pay attention to consumer concerns then.

If we don't have a strong regulatory system, then we must have a litigation system that holds negligent companies accountable.

The families do not deserve a billion dollars so much as companies will be deterred by such a large settlement.

Being an ISO manager and QC person.
They blew it when they documented that their own product didn't pass internal test and still sold them in the market place.
Ford screwed up by not recalling when they learned about the problem.
In the end Firestone were murders and Ford stood by and let it happen.
Who's to blame...doesn't really matter if you lost someone.

Top Bottom