Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Elitexc Are F'n Scumbags

Pat_McCrotch said:
Huh? Lets get something straight here. a guy joins a LEAGUE which has rules that all fighters must follow. When one doesnt follow them on an ongoing basis it would make one wonder what is going on.

You jona fight league for a fair safe fight as safe as they can be. Nothing to do with being a pussy just being fair.

safe != marketable.

unf. this is a new industry, and the competition among fight leagues is getting fierce and nasty. All vying to become the next WWE.

those who 'have less rules' - attract more fans. Let's face it - people wanna see violence, ruthlessness, blood. Why else would they want to pay $30. Might as well call it kickboxing then.

Fighters not following rules, puts other fighters at a disadvantage. This is True.

But this "sport" is not really known for it's legitmacy. Almost a freakshow. It won't be an olympic sport anytime soon. :)

If he wants more legitmacy. Join UFC, which is classier. I wouldn''t expect too much from these fly by night cheesy fight leagues. Almost a new one pops up everyday i swear. I only watch UFC.

Big Rick Rock is the expert in this area. Surprised he hasn't chimed in yet. :)

r

Lumberg said:
Miami-Dade law enforcement were well aware of Kimbo's back yard fights. They did not pursue the matter as they deemed that the activities were consensual.

Kimbo is no saint, but the informal fights he did on private property were, if not legal, at least not worthy of LE intervention.

Dunno where you got the whole "felony fights" thing. Oh yeah, to try to drum up false evidence to strengthen your agenda of nailing EliteXC.

I can't speak as to the other stuff you mentioned.

How the hell did you get trying nail Elite about kimbo out of his post. I didnt take that is what he was doing.

Hey Pat this is the part in the OP to which I was referring.

Delinquent said:
Kimbo I’m still iffy on, but so long as he doesn’t go back to felony fights

I probably over reacted.

Razorguns said:
safe != marketable.

unf. this is a new industry, and the competition among fight leagues is getting fierce and nasty. All vying to become the next WWE.

those who 'have less rules' - attract more fans. Let's face it - people wanna see violence, ruthlessness, blood. Why else would they want to pay $30. Might as well call it kickboxing then.

Fighters not following rules, puts other fighters at a disadvantage. This is True.

But this "sport" is not really known for it's legitmacy. Almost a freakshow. It won't be an olympic sport anytime soon. :)

If he wants more legitmacy. Join UFC, which is classier. I wouldn''t expect too much from these fly by night cheesy fight leagues. Almost a new one pops up everyday i swear. I only watch UFC.

Big Rick Rock is the expert in this area. Surprised he hasn't chimed in yet. :)

r

If not having rules is better than having rules, then how come there are far more rules in mma now than when it began? Every interview or program about the ufc clearly states that adding the rules is what led to its enormous popularity.

cboogsrun said:
If not having rules is better than having rules, then how come there are far more rules in mma now than when it began? Every interview or program about the ufc clearly states that adding the rules is what led to its enormous popularity.

Couldn't tell ya.

But I do understand marketing. And these leagues are, after all, entertainment (deny it if you want).

The more professional it is. The more 'stars' it has (isn't Tito on the Apprentice now?). The more it's known for being ruthless and aggressive (look at early promos of UFC. Declaring itself as the violent, bloody sport with savages in the ring) - the more attractive it is to the masses.

And when you market well - you develop huge new markets. I bet the average person on the street couldn't name one MMA fighter. They may recognize a 'shamrock' or a 'tito'.

Look at MLS or Women's Basketball. Fine great players. Great talent. Horrible marketing.

Sports, Marketing, Entertainment. Lots of factors. As for 'rules'. No idea. That's a category BBR would know more about.

r

They said adding rules made it less barbaric which in turn made it more marketable. Plus it solidified it as a sport not a backyard brawl which brought much better athletes, It was a bit of a snowball effect.

Razorguns said:
Couldn't tell ya.

But I do understand marketing. And these leagues are, after all, entertainment (deny it if you want).

The more professional it is. The more 'stars' it has (isn't Tito on the Apprentice now?). The more it's known for being ruthless and aggressive (look at early promos of UFC. Declaring itself as the violent, bloody sport with savages in the ring) - the more attractive it is to the masses.

And when you market well - you develop huge new markets. I bet the average person on the street couldn't name one MMA fighter. They may recognize a 'shamrock' or a 'tito'.

Look at MLS or Women's Basketball. Fine great players. Great talent. Horrible marketing.

Sports, Marketing, Entertainment. Lots of factors. As for 'rules'. No idea. That's a category BBR would know more about.

r

Razorguns said:
"victim" Brian Olsen.

Huh???

so let's get this straight.

you join a FIGHTING league, and get pissed cuz you get injured during a FIGHT?!!

I haven't even seen WWE wrestler whine that much!

Seems to me too many pussies nowadays are joining fighting leagues. People don't pay $39.95 to watch guys dancing and tapping each other.

r
what a fucking stupid thing to say.

MMA is a sport. it has rules...for a reason...

SublimeZM said:
what a fucking stupid thing to say.

MMA is a sport. it has rules...for a reason...

The lines between sports and entertainment get blurred at times. Kinda like how MLB looks 'the other way' when it comes to steroid usage, etc. Gotta make that money with bigger players.

consider the source. UFC/Kickboxing is not exactly my forte here.

r

Razorguns said:
The lines between sports and entertainment get blurred at times. Kinda like how MLB looks 'the other way' when it comes to steroid usage, etc. Gotta make that money with bigger players.

consider the source. UFC/Kickboxing is not exactly my forte here.

r
i see the point you are trying to make, but the guy is still a fucking douche and should be banned, at least for a season, or however it works in MMA

Top Bottom