Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Eleven sounds you've never heard

i have seen all of them. but i don't think any of them were still being used in my time
 
not only am i familiar with all of those sounds, with regard to the devices, i've actually operated all of them...hell, i was my dad's tv-clicker...when he wanted to watch a different channel, he told me which one he wanted to watch, and i walked across the room and turned the knob.
 
I've used all of them.

I was on the absolute bleeding edge of technology when I went off to Vanderbilt in 1985. Instead of using a dot-matrix printer, I had rigged-up a custom serial cable so I could connect to one of these:

8625443.jpg


My papers had that "freshly typed" look that blew my professors away!
 
  • Like
Reactions: ceo
I've used all of them.

I was on the absolute bleeding edge of technology when I went off to Vanderbilt in 1985. Instead of using a dot-matrix printer, I had rigged-up a custom serial cable so I could connect to one of these:

8625443.jpg


My papers had that "freshly typed" look that blew my professors away!

In 1984 my Commodore 64 just used a standard serial cable to connect to my Smith Corona electronic typwriter. ;)
 
In 1984 my Commodore 64 just used a standard serial cable to connect to my Smith Corona electronic typwriter. ;)

That's because you were using the good stuff!

If I remember correctly, you had to hard-wire the CTS or DSR (or both) pins for a PC or it would refuse to send info to the WheelWriter.
 
but i cant really be talking cause ill be as old as u ppl are someday.. or perhaps some new cure for getting old will be available to take in ur teens to always be young mentally and physically
 
but i cant really be talking cause ill be as old as u ppl are someday.. or perhaps some new cure for getting old will be available to take in ur teens to always be young mentally and physically

That already exists to a big extent, its called modern pharmaceuticals
 
lol..all but one. But lol @ having to sit through the intro to Designing Women for a whole minute to hear the broken record. LMFAO

The house on Designing Women is about a block from my previous place of work, you could see it from the front door. It used to be run as a tea room for some women's auxiliary, then a friend of mine bought it and moved in. He complained of old women trying to come in his front door every morning.
 
Speaking of old fucks...

My first computer was a Timex/Sinclair with a whopping 2K of memory. From there I got a Commodore 64 that boasted a staggering 64K; both computers hooked up to a television for video. The Commodore even had color.

Before Apple made the graphic interface indespencable, MSDOS was the operating system on PCs and there was no need for a mouse since everything was done with keystrokes. I put up an awful resistance converting to Excel because I had all the keystroke combinations memorized in Lotus 123 for everything I needed to do.

Before the internet went public, you used your modem to dial into a message board on someone else's server and leave messages for other users. Once I chatted with a system administrator real-time online and I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Then in the 90's America On-Line was synonymous with the internet and dialup was the only option available. 24kbps, then 36k, and finally 54k baud was the fastest thing. Today google can answer just about any question I have in about 3 seconds and hundreds of people can be on EF at the same time.

It's truly amazing when you think about the changes that have come about in the last 30 years.
 
Speaking of old fucks...

My first computer was a Timex/Sinclair with a whopping 2K of memory. From there I got a Commodore 64 that boasted a staggering 64K; both computers hooked up to a television for video. The Commodore even had color.

Before Apple made the graphic interface indespencable, MSDOS was the operating system on PCs and there was no need for a mouse since everything was done with keystrokes. I put up an awful resistance converting to Excel because I had all the keystroke combinations memorized in Lotus 123 for everything I needed to do.

Before the internet went public, you used your modem to dial into a message board on someone else's server and leave messages for other users. Once I chatted with a system administrator real-time online and I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Then in the 90's America On-Line was synonymous with the internet and dialup was the only option available. 24kbps, then 36k, and finally 54k baud was the fastest thing. Today google can answer just about any question I have in about 3 seconds and hundreds of people can be on EF at the same time.

It's truly amazing when you think about the changes that have come about in the last 30 years.

That's before my computing time, and I started in 1978.

You must be oooooold!
 
I miss Clinton deficits lol

tr00.

I disagreed with a lot of what slick willie did (particularly at first), but at least he and Newt triangulated to a workable peace. The $5T Internet bubble didn't hurt his presidency either.
 
Top Bottom