Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Eating times.

specialc

What kind of window do you have from the time you eat to the time it turns into fat? I was told you have a 45 minute window after lifting to get protein but what kind of times do you have before you lift? If you eat and then wait an hour or an hour and a half to do cardio or lifting, is that okay to do?

Turn to fat???? What do you mean by this???

You should be eating something 30 minutes to one hour after you weight train. Preferably a lean protein source, a starchy carbohydrate, and a fibrous veggie. Of course the amount of protein and carbs in this meal should be dependent on your current goals (bulking/cutting).

I usually have a supplement containing a fast acting protein and a fast acting carb source immediately post workout. I then eat a meal like the one I described above no later than an hour after I finish the shake.

For pre workout I like to eat a meal just like my post work out food meal (lean protein, complex carbs) an hour to an hour and a half before I lift.

I don't know what I mean by turn to fat. All I know about diet and lifting I learned from here and I've been here for a week. Everything else I used to know was what tv told me on the subject :D

SL, I most agree except: is is healthy to consume a fiberous veggie pre-workout (simple because they are all healthy), but apart from any potential alkalinity buffer which they may afford (and this is wildly speculative), I don't think its necessary.

What you want is good carbs and protein and minimal stomach bloat during the workout.

Oatmeal, sweet potato, beans, etc are already low GI - they will provide you with good energy intra-workout - you already have a protein source to further delay the carb release, you don't further need spinach or something like that.

Also remember glycogen is stored. Getting pre-workout carbs is more critical AM (when your glycogen depleted) than at other times.

I would however do as SL suggest and consume them at any time, maybe less PM if I had consumed plenty of carbs already.

Turn to fat???? What do you mean by this???

You should be eating something 30 minutes to one hour after you weight train. Preferably a lean protein source, a starchy carbohydrate, and a fibrous veggie. Of course the amount of protein and carbs in this meal should be dependent on your current goals (bulking/cutting).

I usually have a supplement containing a fast acting protein and a fast acting carb source immediately post workout. I then eat a meal like the one I described above no later than an hour after I finish the shake.

For pre workout I like to eat a meal just like my post work out food meal (lean protein, complex carbs) an hour to an hour and a half before I lift.

SL, I most agree except: is is healthy to consume a fiberous veggie pre-workout (simple because they are all healthy), but apart from any potential alkalinity buffer which they may afford (and this is wildly speculative), I don't think its necessary.

What you want is good carbs and protein and minimal stomach bloat during the workout.

Oatmeal, sweet potato, beans, etc are already low GI - they will provide you with good energy intra-workout - you already have a protein source to further delay the carb release, you don't further need spinach or something like that.

Also remember glycogen is stored. Getting pre-workout carbs is more critical AM (when your glycogen depleted) than at other times.

I would however do as SL suggest and consume them at any time, maybe less PM if I had consumed plenty of carbs already.

As of late I have been eating green veggies with every meal except before bed. I have not had any problems with bloat. maybe a little gas though :p

As of late I have been eating green veggies with every meal except before bed. I have not had any problems with bloat. maybe a little gas though :p

What's ur goal with this
- increase satiety
- increase acid/base balance
- or just general nutrition.

I normally eat about over a kilo of fiberous veggies per day (mainly spinach, tomatoes, brocolli, onion, mushrooms) but wonder what's the advantage of it being in EVERY meal.

I'm following the diet recomendations from BFFM. He states that the fibrous veggies slow down the digestion of the starchy carbs for sustained energy and a blunted insulin response. They also help keep me full when eating below maintenence. I can really tell the difference on days my veggie intake is lacking. It seems that cabbage and brocolli are the best at keeping me full.

I'm following the diet recomendations from BFFM. He states that the fibrous veggies slow down the digestion of the starchy carbs for sustained energy and a blunted insulin response. They also help keep me full when eating below maintenence. I can really tell the difference on days my veggie intake is lacking. It seems that cabbage and brocolli are the best at keeping me full.

SL, that is interesting thanks for the good info!

Top Bottom