Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

E/C/A--- Anticatabolic?

macho21

Can anybody tell me if E/C/A have any anticatabolic effects. I think i read something related to that in MD magazine, but want to know for sure.

off the top of my head.. from what i remember reading, i think ECA was anticatabolic for the first hour or so.. then it turned catabolic.

Well, all I know is even if someone says that ECA is anticatabolic for the first hour, I still think you're taking a risk using it to preserve lean muscle. It's used to raise your core body temperature, which will in turn raise your metabolism, and so on and so on, leading to burning fat. I mean, come on now. If you want to preserve muscle, don't use ECA. Obviously, if you're dieting, taking in extra Glutamine and protein is necessary to act as an anticatabolic, while the ECA will hopefully rid the body of just fat mass.

well that's where we're running into a lot of theories and guesstimates. The ECA wont just burn fat only, if it's being catabolic that means everything is up for grabs including muscle for energy.
Now incorporating glutamine, HMB, or BCAA's (all known to be anticatabolic agents) will that help preserve muscle? Yes. Now here's my question that nobody has ever been able to answer. If these agents are anticatabolic, it's because they are being used for energy right? Well if you're using that for energy, that should mean you really aren't using the fat for energy then. right? So actually by taking these products, you preserve muscle but you really don't allow fat to be burned, b/c again these products are being used as your energy source. My question is... is my theory right? sounds logical to me...

riskybizz007 said:
well that's where we're running into a lot of theories and guesstimates. The ECA wont just burn fat only, if it's being catabolic that means everything is up for grabs including muscle for energy.
Now incorporating glutamine, HMB, or BCAA's (all known to be anticatabolic agents) will that help preserve muscle? Yes. Now here's my question that nobody has ever been able to answer. If these agents are anticatabolic, it's because they are being used for energy right? Well if you're using that for energy, that should mean you really aren't using the fat for energy then. right? So actually by taking these products, you preserve muscle but you really don't allow fat to be burned, b/c again these products are being used as your energy source. My question is... is my theory right? sounds logical to me...

Good deduction bro. Sounds logical to me.

I'll just restate what I've read,

anticatabolic for first 2 hours then turns catabolic.

Something about the way the stimulant works sorta like adrenaline but then the stimulant effect kind of dies and whats left if the fat burning portion. Which of course is indecriminitory abotu where it gets fuel to support your increased metabolism.

My guess is that if you keep using it past the point where the stim effect dies (since the fat burning effect does continue w/ the beta3s) is that continual use of it and you won't even get the small anticatabolic window it offers.

Also read about how if the muscles stay stimulated then they can't relax and that hinders recouperation which in itself is somewhat catabolic, if you break them down w/ weights but don't let them repair because there always stimulated)

I know theres some animals that get a surge of adrenaline for flight or chase, and can run incredibly fast and strong but then after there muscles break down in recouperation (leaving them stuck unable to walk for a few days) its often the cause of their death since they are helpless during recovery.

Eitherway I find ECA best used for preworkout energy.

I agree Enock. And about preworkout energy this is great. If dieting and restricting calories this can help boost your BMR temporarily as well. It also helps curb appetite which is good.

As anticatabolic i wouldn't rely on it either.

And on my primary question i think i'll just give up. I been posting that one up for about a year w/ no response to it.

thanks fellas. I know i does give you a nice edge for your workouts, but i guess no real solid anti-catabolic effects.

Top Bottom