Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dude falls 50 feet at x-games

That dude is hurt. No doubt. Those medics definitely should not have allowed him to get up and walk away like that. Homes could very easily have a concussion and spine and/or neck injuries. He was still too stunned at the time to even really know if he was hurt.

RottenWillow said:
he's being a weiner is all. That's not a verb, should be comment, only commentator is a word.

both of you can apologise now....thank you and have a nice day :chomp:

com·men·tate -Pronunciation Key-Show Spelled Pronunciation[kom-uhn-teyt]

–verb (used with object) 1. to deliver a commentary on: to commentate a fashion show.
2. to write a commentary on; annotate: to commentate the Book of Job.
–verb (used without object) 3. to serve as a commentator: The senior staff member will commentate, as usual.
4. to make explanatory or critical comments, as upon a text: the manuscript on which I am commentating.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1785–95; back formation from commentator]

—Usage note Since the late 18th century, commentate has been used transitively with the meaning “to annotate” and, since the mid 19th, intransitively with the meaning “to make explanatory or critical comments.” These uses are now rare. Recently, commentate has developed the additional transitive sense “to deliver a commentary on” and the intransitive sense “to serve as a commentator.” These uses are occasionally criticized as journalistic jargon.

Reactions: jh1
RottenWillow said:
I think you win a special prize for being the 1,00,000th person today to commentate on that.

:elephant:

Whadda I win?

I am hoping for some internet links.

Why did King Potato forbid Princess Spud from marrying Tom Brokaw?

Because he's a commentator.

Top Bottom