Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dorian Yates 1SetToAllOutFailure...Great routine or Great Genetics???

Great Routine or Great Genetics????

• Routine

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Genetics

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters
thanks guys, jeff that is a given, that gear comment ;) jeff, what would you guess that dorian would be on before an olympia? gear wise, curious to see what u have to say.....

it just leaves me to believe that there is not one given way to train for the MAX results, you figure, when on gear, you would want to workout in the way that would yield you the best results......

dorian seems to be all about this 1 set thing, and his workouts last under 90 minutes, while including 2 bodyparts at times.....

ronnie seems to like higher reps and more volume, while he does lower reps on power movements.......

jay cutler likes higher reps and more volume....and he does 2 extra reps right after the set after a 5 second pause which makes me thing does he go to failure?

shawn ray doesnt seem to bust his ass to go to failure, only higher volume......

levrone seems to like failure with forced reps, and also does srop sets.....
(these are all based on a large number of videos i have seen recently....)

i guess this question can never be answered, as well as the routine question, meaning how you split up the bodyparts.......
i.e. chest, back, legs, off, shoulder, arms, off.....
or chest and bis, back and rear delts, off, legs, shoulders and tris, off.....

or colemans way, which is God knows what.....

so many ?'s, so little answers that are definitive.....

S/F

I used to read everyting I could on his routines back in the day but his philosphy on 1 set trining worked for him because he had trained for so many years and 1 set was all that was needed for him to stimulate his muscles. For the common man more sets are needed to stimulate growth and strength.

So it has a mixture of routine, genetics, a lot of hard work , and sheer determination to be the best.

But that is my opinion :)

Wombat said:
This type of training takes extreme mind to muscle/isolation of the bodypart. Which most people don't have the ibility to do. This is a much advanced way of training that will not work for your everyday joe..And will lead to injury....

and this takes many years to achieve as Mike Mentzer, the one who taught dorian, states.

I have his video and he trains pretty damn hard on his "warm up" sets.

Top Bottom