Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does ALA screw with your electrolytes?

2demon2

I recently had some blood work done. I've been taking 2-3g of ALA daily while on a CKD, and no other supplements (other than a multi and C).

According to the test, my electrolytes were very high, enough so that my doc wants me to retake the test immediately.

Is it possible that the ALA could be negatively affecting the results? I've researched what I could online, but found nothing pointing to anything definitive.

I presume you are taking the mixed version of ALA. I have come to believe that the mixed version in high dosages is bad for your health, over the long-term. Basically, this is just because I tried it and over time felt like shit. Since I quit I am much better. I know that is not very scientific but that is my conclusion. Exactly what specific unhealthy effects it has or how to measure I really have no idea. YMMV

ALA binds very well to metallic ions like mercury, arsenic etc., but also to the more useful trace minerals like manganese, cupper, probably even sodium, potassium, so you can have a mineral depletion from megadosing ALA.

Sigmund Roid said:
ALA binds very well to metallic ions like mercury, arsenic etc., but also to the more useful trace minerals like manganese, cupper, probably even sodium, potassium, so you can have a mineral depletion from megadosing ALA.

Yes, but 2demon2 had excess electrolytes, not less.

RangerX83

Top Bottom