Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do You Think People Perceive You As Bigger Or Smaller Than You Think You Are!!!!!

bigger for sure.. my girlfriend always says im huge and all her guy friends are scared of me and my friends call me hulk messing around.. i guess i do look pretty big when im wearing clothes but when i look in the mirror with my shirt off i dont think i'm big at all.. (i'm really not, 6'2" 190) but i guess shorter, thinner people think i am.

I honestly have no idea what the hell i am...
I look in the mirror and i see my flaws... The flaws out weigh my strong points... I get comments from people periodically that im getting bigger... or this or that.. but like everybody else here has already said, what is big to you and I, is discustingly big to somebody who doesn't work out. And what they think is big, is most likely what a lot of people here have already achieved.
We are a product of our environment, and coming on these boards, as well as going to some of the more hardcore gyms, really puts you in your place and prevents our egos from getting out of control.
BTW, I'm about 193-195 @ 5'10 I won't be happy until I'm 210...
Funny thing was.. when I was 18-19 and weighing in around 175.. I thought I would look UNREAL at 190.. and thought it was a shot in the dark to ever get to this point... Now that I'm here I just feel like I SHOULD be this weight naturally without working out... I feel discustingly average.... 210 will be mine though... and once i get there.. Im sure I'll feel the exact same way. Why don't I just start shooting for 220 now? :)

Sometimes I still feel like the skinny kid I used to be. Then sometimes I catch my reflection in a mirror or window somewhere and think I'm getting kinda big. Sometimes my image intimidates people - which is funny to me, because kids used to bully me all the time :)

my friends tell me I look like I am bulking up, which is true, 12lbs since sept 1 but I still think I am to small

I think I'm perceived okay, looks wise. Definately not big or small, and that's how people see me.

In terms of strength, I think I'm stronger than I look, and perceptions from others would support that.

People under guess how much i weigh, so i guess i don't really look big. If i lower my BF% then they'd probably over guess my weight.

i know i definitely look weak. i think it's my small arms and chest. I ALWAYS get weird looks if I powerclean or deadlift anything the least bit heavy.

Im in the same boat as Mickeys.

6'3 200 lbs - I have to admit with cloths on, especially long sleeve shirts for some reason, I look about 10-15 lbs heavier.

But when I take off my shirt and look in the mirror I look pretty damn small to myself. Sucks being this tall, I gain 10 lbs and don't see shit :)

i think im small, but people keep telling me im big. but thats whats so great about this sport, the goals keep getting bigger and better .. when i was 185, i thought getting 200 would be insane, i worked my ass off to get it. when i got to 200, i was like, this aint a big deal, time to hit 220 and ill be the man. i hit 220, now i want 235!

i think having those people tell me im diesel helps keep my sanity.

People usually say i am pretty big..i mean...i am fairly wide..i ain;t lean...but 'big' wtf is that...anyhow i don;t think my arms will ever be proportionate to my body...my back/chest are too big...and my legs also...it's a struggle...a good bicep pump seems to alleviate this a bit...:)

Top Bottom