Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

do you know a key to marriage?

Exactly what are you expecting by proposing this question to a bunch of anonymous drug-using weightlifters on the internet?

:cow:
Seconded.

Besides, if she is 18 somewhere between now and 10 years from now the question will be academic because she'll be divorced or in the process, I'll bet every dime of Karma I have on it.

I got married at 18, my son got married around 20 or 21. I managed to make it to about 27 before I despised my husband (I also got knocked up one month after we were married, if not for that I would have left his ass about six months after we said "I do"), my son didn't even make it 5 years. In today's society the vast majority of first marriages before mid to late 20s fail.

Here's my advice to you, Polly. Don't buy a house, don't have kids. If you are still in love with, like and respect your husband when you're older than 26, then think about that shit. IOW, wait until your brain has finished maturing before you make any more stupid fucking major life decisions.

Alter or not...

The key to staying married is maintenance. Like anything valuable (your house, car, etc.) a marriage needs maintenance. Several times over the course of your lives you will drift apart; recognize it and force yourselves to spend alone time together to rediscover one another.

It's easy now, but life gets busier as you get older; especially after you have children. Enjoy your honeymoon phase and remember my advice in 3 or 4 years. Then when you feel the two of you drifting apart, schedule some time where the you can be away from all distractions; talk endlessly and be reminded of why you fell in love in the first place.

Have 8 kids and put both of your names on a house together, and make sure you finance EVERYTHING

Also, cut all ties with family/friends so you only have your husband for company, and spend all your time together cooped up inside your financed home

Should work out great

odds are not in your favor if youre 18 and just got married

I just got married in 2013 myself but I was 38. You are not going to be the same person at 38 than when you are 18 so you and your husband are going to have to grow up together, which means having a ton of patience with each other and always keep the communication channels open.
[/end cliche]

i might change but he won't, he is a lot older and has had wife experience but she died.
they were married almost 2 decades so at least he has experience (but they divorced during the 20 decades and came back together) :heart:

Seconded.

Besides, if she is 18 somewhere between now and 10 years from now the question will be academic because she'll be divorced or in the process, I'll bet every dime of Karma I have on it.

I got married at 18, my son got married around 20 or 21. I managed to make it to about 27 before I despised my husband (I also got knocked up one month after we were married, if not for that I would have left his ass about six months after we said "I do"), my son didn't even make it 5 years. In today's society the vast majority of first marriages before mid to late 20s fail.

Here's my advice to you, Polly. Don't buy a house, don't have kids. If you are still in love with, like and respect your husband when you're older than 26, then think about that shit. IOW, wait until your brain has finished maturing before you make any more stupid fucking major life decisions.

he already had a house for us :heart:

Alter or not...

The key to staying married is maintenance. Like anything valuable (your house, car, etc.) a marriage needs maintenance. Several times over the course of your lives you will drift apart; recognize it and force yourselves to spend alone time together to rediscover one another.

It's easy now, but life gets busier as you get older; especially after you have children. Enjoy your honeymoon phase and remember my advice in 3 or 4 years. Then when you feel the two of you drifting apart, schedule some time where the you can be away from all distractions; talk endlessly and be reminded of why you fell in love in the first place.

thank you, sounds very wise!
hubby drifted from his other wife but then they got remarried :heart:

Have 8 kids and put both of your names on a house together, and make sure you finance EVERYTHING

Also, cut all ties with family/friends so you only have your husband for company, and spend all your time together cooped up inside your financed home

Should work out great

not 8 kids lol.
my mum did not approve of our marriage so we don't see her much :(
he financed everything so far :heart:

i might change but he won't, he is a lot older and has had wife experience but she died.
they were married almost 2 decades so at least he has experience (but they divorced during the 20 decades and came back together) :heart:

thank you, sounds very wise!

not 8 kids lol.
my mum did not approve of our marriage so we don't see her much :(
he financed everything so far :heart:

And the plot thickens...

So how old is your husband? And why did you marry a man with such a disparity in life experiences?
Did you not have a daddy or something ? Decided to find one in marriage?

thank you, sounds very wise.
A naive 18 year old and a 40 something widower, talk about a scenario destined for success. In your case do the smart thing and get your name on the deed ASAP, then get preggo as fast as you can, also make sure he's updated any life insurance and his will. Better yet, get a post nup.

Bet he's got kids about the same age as you, doesn't he?

Top Bottom