Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you hate these friggin seasonal lifters.

power-builder

First of June and the friggin gym is packed again. I guess these slobs decided it was time to jump up off the couch, dust off the Doritos crumbs off the front of their shirt, wade through the opened and empty Cheetos bags strewn on the floor and head out to the gym. What the hell are they doing? Getting ready for winter? Frap, it's too freakin late now to do anything about summer. They're prolly thinkin "Damn, 2 more weeks of this and I'll be shredded". A serious lifter can't get anything done for all the slackers jammin the place up. Well, at least they'll be gone by fall.

LOL....
Even better are the Weekend warriors that eat drink all W/E and then pack in the Gym Monday mornings thinking they will burn it off that one day. You never see them again all week.
My issue now is that I W/O at a Y and since School is out, All the teenage kids are swarming in around 8:30 AM.
I try to get in (5:30 AM) and get out by 7:30, but I still see them on the way out. Groups of 4 or 5 toothpicks strolling around the area's doing 1 set and going to the next toy. :D :D

Man dudes I am with ya

It is the same thing after New Years and before Spring Break. You see em for a week or two then they mysteryously disapear.

I mean last night was a chore to do back. I had to wait here wait there rush to get on a machine before someone else did. And the worst part every bench was taken so I had nothing to sit on after doing heavy back exercises.

Ah, yes, the pre-spring break punks.

Believe me, I work out at the University during the year, and like clockwork, 3 weeks before spring break, these scrawny little homos pack the weight room, their twig-like arms barely able to pick up a bar. They leave 3 weeks later, looking identical (except their legs, which actually seem to shrink from lack of use), and complement each other on how "huge" they'll look for the beach.

lol

i've been going to one gym a while and it cycles just like you guys described. i'd say like two thirds of the people there are these seasonals. January's probably the most crowded month, it thins out by about March, right now it's looking more crowded again. Towards the holidays it gets to its emptiest. November and December are the best for the weight room--barely anyone there. Right now I have to wait for equipment at least two or three times during any of my workouts. The other day someone was using the squat rack--I was shocked. The benches are always being used, smith machine too for various things (often bench press) but it's the rare person who uses the squat rack at my gym. Come to think of it, not that many people seem to do real squats at all at my gym. Mostly they do upper body stuff. And of course the compulsory crunches.

Belial said:
Ah, yes, the pre-spring break punks.

Believe me, I work out at the University during the year, and like clockwork, 3 weeks before spring break, these scrawny little homos pack the weight room, their twig-like arms barely able to pick up a bar. They leave 3 weeks later, looking identical (except their legs, which actually seem to shrink from lack of use), and complement each other on how "huge" they'll look for the beach.

Yes! I hate those jerk-offs!

I noticed the same shit when I trained on campus, it was so hilarious. The one's that cracked me up were the ones that did 3 sets of flat bench at .01% intensity and then did 3 sets of curls and thoughtb they were jacked.

LOL!!!

You guys should train down under right now ;) my gym was deserted today, nobody training at all for the entire 2 hours I was there, even the on duty instructor was watching TV. It gets packed in January though, luckily most usually leave by March :D

hardgainer (whaddaya mean u can't lift the bar?) :p

Theres two guys at my gym, this is there workout:

Tuesday: Chest workout

6 sets of flat bench
First guy, average no. reps about 5 - 260lbs
second guy. also tries to lift 260lbs, manages 1 rep after 10-15mins psyching up

Thursday: chest workout
x sets of flat bench
see Tuesday

Friday: chest workout
dumbell pullovers: 66lb dumbell, range of movement about 1inch
flat bench press WITH EZ CURL BAR, wtf?!?!?!

I HATE THEM.

What the hell is the pressing with the EZ CURL BAR all about? Am I missing a revolutionary or old school technique here or something.

Weird

Whats more they are pencils, they are thin and obviously dont bother with diet.

They always sit like 1inch from the dumbell wrack (move the bench right up to it) so no-one can put bells back or get any coz they are in the way.

I swear one day I shall kill them both:mad: :mad:

Top Bottom