Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Design me a protein shake from PF

AAP

Plat Hero
Platinum
Ok, I ordered 1 lb of Big Blast chocolate, 1 lb Big Blast Tropical Orange.

Just finished the 1lb Chocolate this week. Taking 1 shake (1/2 measuring cup full) post workout.

However, I am noticing weight gain in the not so good way that I like. Not saying that this is a bad thing as some of you guys need to gain weight. But not me, I prefer staying single digit BF year around.

Not to knock Big Blast. It is by far the easiest mixing protein powder I have ever had. AND!!! (this is important) unlike other protein powders, there is NO BLOAT or stomach discomfort to it.

But I am looking for something Keto-style. High protein and moderate fats, no carbs.

(One thing about the BB label on the PF website is that it says there is 3.5 grams of fat per serving, but then it has a zero for Calories From Fat listed. WTF??)

I would like something kind of like this breakdown :

50% CFM Whey Isolate
20% Super Plasma Protein
10% Whole Egg

and some healthy fats. I don't care for any extra supps like creatine or arginine but if that comes with it then cool. Ok.

And it must taste good. Even though I haven't tried teh BB Tropical Orange yet, I am 99% a Chocolate or Vanilla person.

100% Whey CFM
1-2 tbsp Olive Oil or ANPB

I've never tried SPP or whole egg, but the CFM is good stuff. I would hate to make a custom mix with SPP added and it taste like hobo ass. I think I would buy a few pounds of CFM and one pound of SPP. Add a tsp of SPP per shake.

Ok, I ordered 1 lb of Big Blast chocolate, 1 lb Big Blast Tropical Orange.

Just finished the 1lb Chocolate this week. Taking 1 shake (1/2 measuring cup full) post workout.

However, I am noticing weight gain in the not so good way that I like. Not saying that this is a bad thing as some of you guys need to gain weight. But not me, I prefer staying single digit BF year around.

Not to knock Big Blast. It is by far the easiest mixing protein powder I have ever had. AND!!! (this is important) unlike other protein powders, there is NO BLOAT or stomach discomfort to it.

But I am looking for something Keto-style. High protein and moderate fats, no carbs.

(One thing about the BB label on the PF website is that it says there is 3.5 grams of fat per serving, but then it has a zero for Calories From Fat listed. WTF??)

I would like something kind of like this breakdown :

50% CFM Whey Isolate
20% Super Plasma Protein
10% Whole Egg

and some healthy fats. I don't care for any extra supps like creatine or arginine but if that comes with it then cool. Ok.

And it must taste good. Even though I haven't tried teh BB Tropical Orange yet, I am 99% a Chocolate or Vanilla person.

go to pf and make it. i would drop the whole egg. i think that is part of your problem. i would replace it with the ausi casein.

100% Whey CFM
1-2 tbsp Olive Oil or ANPB

I've never tried SPP or whole egg, but the CFM is good stuff. I would hate to make a custom mix with SPP added and it taste like hobo ass. I think I would buy a few pounds of CFM and one pound of SPP. Add a tsp of SPP per shake.

Well the Big Blast had it and there was nothing wrong with that taste. But only at 10%. Not sure what 20% would do.

go to pf and make it. i would drop the whole egg. i think that is part of your problem. i would replace it with the ausi casein.

I did that, I made up :

45% CFI whey isolate
20%SPP
10% Ausi Caesin
15% EFA
10% MCT

problem is that the protein was like 35 grams and total fat only came to like 7.3 grams. I want to get something with at least 10-12 grams healthy fats in it without skimpingon protein. I would like to get at least 40 grams protein per shake.

Well the Big Blast had it and there was nothing wrong with that taste. But only at 10%. Not sure what 20% would do.

BB also has 20 something grams of sugar :) Of course it's going to taste good lol.

I suggest just buying the raw ingredients. It does take longer to mix on your own, but well worth it when you think about it... To get what I really need for things, I'd have to order 6-7 custom powders. And still don't have all that I need.

Hard to explain, but I like to constantly be able to control ingredients. Some shakes I may want to have SPP, Whey, Oat Muscle, Omega Muscle... Some shakes I may want to have Whey and Omega Muscle. Some Shakes I may want to have Oat Muscle, Omega Muscle, and Casein/Whey Mix. Just depends.

So if I had:

3lbs SPP
10lbs whey
5lbs casein
3 lbs egg protein
10lbs oat muscle
3lbs Omega muscle

Then I've got my core ingredients and mix and match accordingly.

The custom protein builder is a great tool, that can work for a lot of people... But with the way i change things up, I would be stuck

just got a custom mix in from true protein, first time with this mix and i went with banana flavor.. was surprised at how it mixed and tasted, one of the best yet.

Top Bottom