Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

decline dumbell press

Foxxxy

is 60 lbs dumbell each arm obviously, fairly good for a 16 year old beginner (little over a year)...

I was being yelled at by some bitch today at my gym because she thinks that its to much weight for me... i did it with ease and i didnt even know what to say.

idk man I pressed the 60's on the incline for 7 reps on monday and from what I know decline presses are easier than flat, and flat is easier than incline, Im 15 and been training about a year. dont wanna be an ass but no i dont think it is too much. Iv never tryed decline presses because I love dips. Keep pressin heavy though bro your strength will increase

i consider my incline press to be weak compared to my flat press

Last edited:
Was it jus some random lady or a trainer or what? Why does she care? Even if I saw someone at my gym with awful form with to much weight I wouldn't say anything.

Is 60lbs to much? Hmmm depends I think on the rep range your trying to be in... And if you can do them with decent form... Weight is jus a number... But good for setting goals

if you're doing it with ease for a lot of reps, you might need some more weight.

as gstacker kind of mentioned, "heavy weight" varies depending on the person...

for me, a heavy deadlift is 225 pounds. for someone else on here, it's 495 pounds

i can do 10 reps perfect form easy. but this is just some random bitch.

@Extramile: It really depends on you, decline is harder than incline for me

Same with me!!!! Never done decline dumbell, but when I decline benched before it felt like a huge range of motion.

Same with me!!!! Never done decline dumbell, but when I decline benched before it felt like a huge range of motion.

just a thought but maybe it's because you've done incline DBs and not decline... same might go for the original poster

well actually, iv never done decline before, but i weight 178 atm and can weighted dip with 22lb extra for 9 reps. So 200lb total weight and I go DEEP until I cant go any further because of risk to joints. My flat bb press is 187x3 or 176x6 and my incline dumbell press is the 60's for 9 reps. So because dips are like a decline press I find the less of an incline the stronger I am.

what Im saying is no I dont think 60lbs are too heavy for anyone, if you can handle them for good form and decent reps then your muscles, joints and ligaments are obviously strong enough to handle them right?

some coot. she was like " you shouldnt be lifting those weights there too heavy" Well how the hell would she know. dumb bitch

Top Bottom