Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deads and Over/Under Grip

Captain FT

2150 Served and Counting
Platinum
Are you guys alternating which side you grip overhand and underhand?

Do you think it matters?

GUARDIAN said:
yes and yes. my buddy tore his bicep.

Yikes!!! good to know.. you guys are talking with one hand one way and the other the other way.. then switching it up..

I switch it up almost every other set, but I do tend to favour my left being under and my right over as left is my dominant hand.. so I'll use left under and right over for my heavy almost no matter what.

FriendlyCanadian said:
Yikes!!! good to know.. you guys are talking with one hand one way and the other the other way.. then switching it up..

I switch it up almost every other set, but I do tend to favour my left being under and my right over as left is my dominant hand.. so I'll use left under and right over for my heavy almost no matter what.

i switch up every set as well. i only use this grip with my behind the back shrugs and deads.

GUARDIAN said:
i switch up every set as well. i only use this grip with my behind the back shrugs and deads.

I find if you do enough deads they are enough that you don't need to do shrugs, just my personal opinion though, maybe I could benefit from behind the back shrugs.

I agree that with a few good sets of deads, I don't feel the need to do much trap work. I also do cleans which I think also hit the trap area to a certain degree.

SwitchMan said:
over under is just to keep the bar from rolling.

true but that is not what he was asking about. when u lift serious weight with that grip u put quite a strain on tendons and muscles in arms.

I abandoned the alternate grip a while ago. Now I work up to a max set using a hook grip then I strap up. I pulled for a few years using an alternating grip without switching it up too much. I have some muscle imbalances in my back and I believe that is a big reason.

Top Bottom