Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlifting my way to Happiness - Al420's log

Todays workout: 2nd Pressing Day

CGBP: 185x5x5

DB Military: 50's x5, 70's x5x3 - hard to get these up today - I am assuming it is from yesterdays PC's.

HS High Incline: 90x8, 140x8x2

Modified Rear Delt: 20's x8, 25's x8, 30's x8 drop 12.5 x10

Standing French Press : 65x8, 75x8, 85x8

CG Push Down: 75x12x3
superset w/
Rope Push Down: 20x10x3

So this BB Bullshit stops next week. When I get back from my trip I will have finished Practical Programming for the 2nd time and will be 100% about my new program. My diet will be at or around 2.5-3k per day w/ 2 cheats per week and no booze. I have to eat some carbs to hit my lifts but I need to drop 1lb of BF per week for a few weeks and 2.5-3k seems to be the magic number. Have to get my endurance and flexibility up so I think I will do 3x a week lifting and 2x per on yoga or something like it. I'll be doing some HIIT or boxing on those days as well. Might even do Sprints PWO on Wednesdays and scrap squats that day. I want to get Bigger, Faster, and Stronger.

I need to get stronger and get leaner. What is the best way to keep/gain muscle and expunge fat...
:chomp: :evil:

:p

Unless you really want to do yoga (I know you'll take any excuse to wear spandex), a solid stretching routine done a couple times a day should be, along with the weighted "stretching" effect of your lifts, should be all you need. Once your flexibility improves you could drop the frequency to once per day.

Glad to hear you liked Practical Programming so much (take note, sarge ;)). I must admit that I'm wondering how, if you're planning to be on, um, HRT, during this upcoming run, you'll know how much of the progress is the result of assistance and how much is due to effective programming.

Cynical Simian said:
Unless you really want to do yoga (I know you'll take any excuse to wear spandex), a solid stretching routine done a couple times a day should be, along with the weighted "stretching" effect of your lifts, should be all you need. Once your flexibility improves you could drop the frequency to once per day.

Glad to hear you liked Practical Programming so much (take note, sarge ;)). I must admit that I'm wondering how, if you're planning to be on, um, HRT, during this upcoming run, you'll know how much of the progress is the result of assistance and how much is due to effective programming.

I do not want to do yoga - I look like a fool and sweat like a pig. It is actually very hard, at least for me. What is your "stretching routine"?

The HRT is more to preserve the muscle I have added in the past year and to aid in recovery. Plus I like it... :qt:

BTW - Rippetoe lifted in that meet this weekend. I didn't get to see/meet him, but the lady that told me about it said she saw him (she lifted in the meet). I turned her onto SS and PP and she was star struck when she saw he was there lifting...Funny, I saw Glenn and choose not to "bug" him. My son saw one of the 10 or 11 yr old boys I have shown him vids of, off Glenn's site, and he thought he was seeing a movie star when we met him... It was just a lot of fun.

I work out in the morning, so I stretch after that and again before bed. Post-WO is one good time to stretch (as you've probably seen recommended in PP), so if you can find a second time to stretch particularly tight muscles (hamstrings and hip flexors come to mind), you should be in good shape.

As for the particular stretches that are part of my routine, they're nothing extraordinary. I got pretty much all of them from ExRx and just tried to get a collection that was pretty comprehensive.

I'll show you a great stretching routine that takes 15 minutes and will blow your mind. Next time I'm in town we can put on your head gear, have anal sex, and stretch a bit.

Top Bottom