Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlifting my way to Happiness - Al420's log

al420 said:
So far he has learned the Back Squat, Front Squat, High Pulls, and Dead Lifts. Most of the time we just do body weight work, and form is paramount. He has been doing chins, pull ups, and situps for years.

No protien shakes...lol. My wife is very healthy and the kiddos are on 100% organic diets - he does know meat builds muscle and cookies make you fat...lol

Your son will be stronger than you in 6 months and I cleared the gym with a huge fart while squating heavy today. good times.....

hahahaa thats great al!!! i've been teaching my nephew to watch cnbc and if the stocks are in green that means we can go to toys r us lol

ff- protien farts...aaaahhhh the stank so nice lol. good work

al420 said:
So I went to the comp yesterday morn for a couple hours - forgot camera of course. Got to see some 12-16yr olds Snatch and then watch Glenn Pendlays 5yr old Clean and Jerk 13 kilos. He grunts on the clean and grunts onthe jerk - his dad is smiling from ear to ear - it was very neat. WF is a breeding groud for future Olympians.

There was a 16yr old that was being introduced as the top 16yr old in the country in his weight class, he was out of Houston. He was easily snatching 135% his BW - real impressive.

Overall it was really fun. I didn't get to see the Men lift, and the lifter I hoped to see (Shankle) is already at the Olympic Training Center...Pendlay is turning out some machines. He had a 12 or 13 yr old that had tremendous strength from the floor. Another beast out of WF, Claleb Ward I think his name is, anyway he is a big kid - seeing a young guy all decked out in his Team USA warmups was pretty neat. Didn't get to see him lift but he is supposed to be the man.
SWEET!!!!!
I bet that was awesome to watch!!! It's really neat that your son also enjoy's lifting.
Hope health wise everything is looking up and up :heart:

JPT you teaching your nephew about the green is HILLARIOUS!!!

Reactions: jpt
Weight this am: 227

Yesterdays workout:

Power Clean: 45x10, 95x5, 115x5, 135x3, 155x3, 185x3

GP Row: 185x5, 225x5x2, 135x16

DB Row: 80's x10, 90's x10, 100's x8

HS Shrug: 4 plates x10, 6 plates x10, 8 plates x12

EZ Bar Curl: 60x10, 70x10, 80x8

Cybex Single Arm Curl: 40x8, 35x10

CG Pulldown: 110x10, 165x10, 190x6 drop 85x10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIET

8:30 Myoplex RTD Low Carb

11:00 10oz Pastor (pork)

2:30 Myoplex RTD (low carb's are gone!)

5:30 Whey/Gatorade

8:00 Bucca leftovers - they are finally gone

10:00 Whey/Water

Diet is derailed...lol . Once back from my trip I will get serious.

sgtslaughter said:
GP Row'd 2 big wheels?!
:garza:

Like it was my bitch!! My grip was a little shot from the PC's or I would have done another set.

GP rows will stay in my new plan. I am thinking about something like this:

Monday:
Back Squat: 5x5 - adding weight each set - using Bill Star Template
Deadlift: 5x5 - adding weight each set - using Bill Star Template
Decline Ab: 4x10 - adding weight as needed

Tuesday:
CGBP: 5x5 - straight sets - +5lbs per week
DB Military: 3x10 - straight sets - +5lbs per week
Weighted Hyper: 4x10 - adding weight as needed

Thursday:
Power Clean: 5x5 - adding weight each set - using Bill Star Template
Back Squat: 3x5, 3x3, 1x12 - ala Bill Star Template from Day 3 lifts
GP Row: 5x5 - straight sets - +5lbs per week
Jump Shrug: 6x5 - adding weight each set - using Bill Star Template

Friday:
BTN PP: 5x5 - straight sets - +5lbs per week
CGBP: 3x5, 3x3, 1x12 - ala Bill Star Template from Day 3 lifts
Decline Ab: 4x10 - adding weight as needed
Weighted Hyper: 4x10 - adding weight as needed

I like the volume.

That's a serious load. No dieting bullshit for that, right? Or at least alot of clean cals if you want to be like that :)

Pushing 3 lifts weekly and all the other volume could pose a problem eventually.

May want to have a preliminary lift or 2 you want to push and drop off one incase it becomes an issue when using all that workload.

just ideers. I dig it though.

al420 said:
You 2 should do it - why not right?

I think we might do it bro. I'll let ya know when time comes closer! I saw your plan of attack for your lifts.. sounds good man... Keep us posted on your results! GL

al420 said:
I will not be on a diet per say, but will be eating mostly clean. I need to lower my BF w/ out loosing any strength.
Ok cool. I hear ya, you'll do it well :evil:

I'm not at that stage...yet. To damn cold to think about cutting up here... I need my winter layer, lol.

Top Bottom