Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Daisy wants a Great Dane

My evil stepmom's sister has one. It's just too fucking big.

It has a personality like a Doberman. You think you've made friends with him, you're getting along okay, then you make one wrong move and the dog squats and starts growling and barking at you.

Mr. dB said:
My evil stepmom's sister has one. It's just too fucking big.

It has a personality like a Doberman. You think you've made friends with him, you're getting along okay, then you make one wrong move and the dog squats and starts growling and barking at you.

I have a Doberman, and he's nothing like that.

Danes are very nice and loving dogs, but they're pretty dumb and are hard to train. They have a lot of joint problems as they get older, and if kids grab their feet or put their weight on the dog if it's having hip problems, it could snap at them. It's not like they're trying to hurt anyone, but a dog that big can do some damage without meaning to.

They're huge sweeties though. My neighbors had two, and I knew those dogs for 5 years. They were just huge, loving horse dogs that would follow the kids and their parents all around the yard with their tails wagging the whole time. I loved those big dumb smiles.

cmdubs said:
big dogs have shorter life expectancies don't they? I want my dog to out live me.

They do. My Dobie will be 7 in March. I'll be an absolute wreck when he dies, I love him like he's my son. Danes live to maybe 7.

jnevin said:
They do. My Dobie will be 7 in March. I'll be an absolute wreck when he dies, I love him like he's my son. Danes live to maybe 7.

yeah man that would kill me

Mr. dB said:
They never are with the owner, or when the owner is right there.

He's not like that. His parents weren't either. They are extremely smart and trainable, so if they are taught to protect the house, they will.

they are great looking dogs. i wanted one for a while too, but they don't live long.
i'm shopping for a new dog now.

Top Bottom