Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

cytomel?

sasa

Hi the doctor just switched me from 130mcg of synthroid and 1 grain of armour to 10mcg of cytomel and 1 grain of armour, bc my reverse T3 were sky high.

It's been week since I changed it, but I feel so bloated, my stomach look like im pregnant. what is it?

Yes but im still on 1 grain of armour. any opinon or experience what dosage shuld be sufficient?

I would suggest that you be on one and a half grains to two grains with the cytomel ...and should be inching that cytomel dose up to 50 rather than 10

taking you off one grain plus 130mcg of synthroid is frankly...ridiculous
I have seen high dose cytomel sans any sort of t4 (armour or synthroid) as an approach as well

to have some bloat when switching thyroid meds around is completely normal however...
hair is huge sign for me...even if I forget a dose and then take it late it pretty much guarantees i handful of hair is gonna fall out

this forum isn't the best place for advice on this because most of the body building set has a different objective for t4/t3 use and doesnt come close to playing with the doses someone that needs thyroid treatment dose
a good place to look around (though biased, keep that in mind) is stop the thyroid madness (google it) and about_thyroid

I would suggest looking over those sites and seeing what they have for suggested endocrinologists in your area or trying to find an endocrinologist in your area that deals primarily with thyroid NOT diabetes...theyre worlds apart in the realm of endos...I would suggest calling and asking the receptionist out right if the endo regularly prescribes dessicated thyroid products..ironically you'll have a more forward thinking endo if they do
I just got lucky that the endo my primary care sent me to initially was nationally renowned and was an incredibly thorough guy

good luck

yes , i feel like i need more. its just interestig , with my first dosage in am 5 mcg cyto and 1 grain armour i feel ok
than after my second dosage 5mcg cyto around noon i falling asleep , need nap after a few hours im ok again strange

hmm...Im surprised you feel ok again but the nappy time feeling is usually a response to not enough thyroid hormone and if you have any natural thyroid hormone going on some thyroid suppression from the medication

it might be however that your problem all along was a very high rt3...can't know without through labs history including a baseline rt3

if it makes you feel any better if my thyroid dose flucuates at all (like if I forget a dose) my hair falls out...lol
Im to the point where Im gonna cut it all off I have no many new hair whisps

Here is the explanation to the blood test I have done

1. I was on 200mcg of synthroid and following test are the result
TSH 0.006
T4 free 2.2 normal 0.82 - 1.77
T3 free 2.5 norma 2.0 - 4.4
Reverse T3 51.9 norma 13.5 - 34.2

After this test doc has switched me to 130mcg of Synthroid and 1 Grain of ARMOUR . As you can see my free T3 were on low side. Anyway after 6 week being on this dosage my test came out following

TSH 0.006 uIU/ml refer range 0.450-4.500
T3 free 4.0 pg/ml ref range 2.0-4.4
T4 free 2.32ng/dl ref range 0.82-1.77
Reverse T3 58.2 ng/dl 13.5-34.2

So now the doctor see my REVERSE T3 are so high and she put me on 1 grain ARMOUR and 10mcg CYTOMEL. It's been week since this change. I take now 1grain armour and 5mcg at 5 AM and another 5mcg 1PM. The whole issue is that I have gained 8 lb in the last 3 months and keep gaining despite my daily run, eating clean.

your tsh is scarey too low...suggesting decent hyperthyroidism but it tends to be an irrelevant number when theres thyroid drugs involved because its more of a pituitary number in all reality anyway...your body won't put the request in for more thyroid stim hormone when you've got adequate or in your case high t4 numbers anyway

your t4 is pretty high but your t3 on the first set of numbers suggests a totally average/low t3 value...you want to aim for the upper third of the range t3

your second set of labs looks better...I can't say I disagree with your current therapy but gaining weight is certainly discouraging as is the fatigue ...
give the current protocol a chance (probably a cpl of months)
keep your fiber fairly high to combat bloat and water retention and consider if you don't already keeping a food journal and doing daily weigh ins (if you can handle knowing weight fluctuations are water) to see what causes you bloat
also consider a high protein diet ...which wont help bloat but will combat water retention

Im sorry your labs don't jump out at me that you're having weight and bloat probs from the thyroid ...I'd honestly kill for t3 numbers that high

your reverse t3 is not even especially high...I've seen people post number in the hundreds...
it looks like your dr is trying to get your t4 and t3 in line as well as reduce the rt3

You have some severe adrenal damage going on here! I would suggest you try and bear through this short phase of your body trying to regain it's balance with the new meds. Try a detox tea (whole foods has cheap variety)and drink it three times a day to help reset your body and allow the new medication to have a clean slate. Plus the cleansing effect should help slightly with your fatigue and exhaustion from the hormonal imbalance. Sounds like your doc doesn't want to completely burn out your thyroid hormones by administering too high of a dose of the cytomel at first because it's very dangerously abused and can greatly effect your body's own T3 production. By taking out the excess T4 it will force your body to work with the production it is making on its own and force it to encourage more T3 production, hopefully your hormones will eventually balance out. As for the bloating, our thyroid controls and regulates many things other than body fat. Your metabolism went from super high to sluggish, therefore your digestion is slower to0. I would suggest omitting pasteurized dairy, instead opt for RAW version only or completely stay away from milk and cheese. Eat leafy greens instead of cruciferous ones like broccoli, which can only make bloating bothersome. Drink plenty of fluid and stay away from artificial sweeteners for now as well.

Top Bottom