Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cutting prop with Ethyl Oleate?

burnthiscorpse

Plat Hero
Platinum
So my prop hurts like a bitch. At the advice of a few bros I ordered some EO to cut it with. It just arrived. I dont need to pin til tomorrow but I had two questions:

1) I was either going to do 1ml or .5 ml of EO per ml of prop. which would be better?

2) doest the EO need to be sterilized? I ordered it from a reputable lab supply place that many of us use. What would be the proper way to sterilize it if needed?

So my prop hurts like a bitch. At the advice of a few bros I ordered some EO to cut it with. It just arrived. I dont need to pin til tomorrow but I had two questions:

1) I was either going to do 1ml or .5 ml of EO per ml of prop. which would be better?

2) doest the EO need to be sterilized? I ordered it from a reputable lab supply place that many of us use. What would be the proper way to sterilize it if needed?

1. 1ml per ml of prop.

2. yes, place it in a pot of boling water with a pair of tongs for 10 minutes that will kill off anything in there. IF it's in a sealed vial with a rubber stopper, then put a pin in the top of it to let the gases out as it bolis. If you don't the vial could explode.

3. Be sure not to pre-load anything as the EO will eat through rubber after a little while.

If its the site im thinging of it should say sterile EO when you brought it .
i have used it at 1/2 with great success .

Cooking gear does not kill all bacteria. Some bacteria can live at high temperatures so I never, ever recommend just baking (never boiling) the gear to make it sterile. BA is what neutralizes the bacteria, it is not the heat.

If you email the suplyer they will tell you , best would be to filter with whatman filter.

Brad.

I've used this EO a lot at 1:1 with prop and it cuts out about 90% of the pain. You do not need to sterilize it.

This should clear it up. According to their site:

"Please Note: Although all of the solvents and chemicals we sell are all originally USP or NF grade, they are purchased in bulk containers and re-bottled. The re-bottling process takes place in a very clean environment, with the utmost care for maintaining the product's purity. However, since the re-bottling process does not take place in an FDA certified clean room, these products are technically no longer USP or NF grade. However, we guarantee the original potency of all re-bottled products."

Definitions:

U.S.P.
A chemical grade of sufficient purity to meet or exceed requirements of the U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP); acceptable for food, drug, or medicinal use; may be used for most laboratory purposes.
N.F.
A grade of sufficient purity to meet or exceed requirements of the National Formulary (NF).
Its most likely G2G. But, if it were me, I'd filter it anyway. Its 5 minutes and a $4.00 filter for peace of mind. Done. Priceless.

Top Bottom