Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cutting gel?

supplement direct uses a yohimbe extract- or at least so it appears- it is a higher quality one from reports, but still an extract. It may have 5mg YO per capsule. but it is kind of expensive- you are better off getting the powder- if you can find it- no binders or fillers just pure yohimbine hcl.

peace

macrophage69alpha said:
supplement direct uses a yohimbe extract- or at least so it appears- it is a higher quality one from reports, but still an extract. It may have 5mg YO per capsule. but it is kind of expensive- you are better off getting the powder- if you can find it- no binders or fillers just pure yohimbine hcl.

peace

I've attached the assay from their website...can you PLEASE tell me if this is the real thing, based on this analysis? Thank you so very much.

P.S. It is just a tad irritating to hear how great Yohimbine HCL is and have no way of acquiring it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
that is a very strange analysis
but it is test only for yohimbine hcl
which of course extract contains
I really dont understand why they did not use the HPLC from the yohimbine powder that they used as the source for their caps.

I have heard good reports regarding these caps- but then with oral intake if you have a decent extract you will get similar results to oral intake of yohimbine HCL.

some of the extracts claim up to 95%- though I have never seen an hplc to back this up.

this analysis seems inconclusive

An extract could have Yohimbine HCl added to it, but it would not just naturally contain it, as it does not occur in nature.

yohimbine hcl does not exist in nature- though I was thinking that in some extraction processes use hcl, yohimbine would be easily bound thus???? or perhaps I am just musing. Though it is odd that the test shows both yohimbine and yohimbine hcl content.

this is point that was recently brought up that companies claim to have an extraction process that yields a 95% yohimbine content. It seems that most of these companies are either in china or India- where spiking is a common activity. It is possible, looking at the data that this may be a spiked product- but once again I will add that the assay and chemicals tested for is odd- why not just test for yohimbine hcl?

Macro,

Judging by the spec sheet, this is intended as a pure Yohimbine HCl product, not a strong extract.

The reason they indicate "yohimbine hcl" and "yohimbine" is that yohimbine is the active, the hcl doesn't really do anything other than make it water soluble. It is common to do this. For example, if you had a sulphate salt rather than a HCl salt, you would get much less active per total weight as the sulphate is a much larger molecule.

I have no idea on the extraction process possibly using HCl and getting it bound -- it is a common extraction technique, so maybe. But, then it would be a yohimbine HCl product by law, so why bother.

I would be VERY sceptical about a 95% extract, considering TwinLabs, who produce very high quality products gets like 8%... It is likely either spiked (which isn't really a bad thing to a non FDA person :) or it is just bullshit (which is quite likely -- they claimed to have a 1-AD product that was tested and found to be fake).

Biotest's MD6 is legitimate. The original formulation with 1R, 2S norephedrine (which is a synonym for the now-infamous PPA that has been branded "dangerous" by the FDA), caffeine and yohimbine HCL (NYC) works as well for fat loss as similar products such as Adipokinetix by Syntrax. As with all of the NYC products, a healthy diet and work-out program will optimize fat loss (but not necessarily over-all body weight-loss - which is a good thing if one is concerned with preserving lean muscle mass).

MD6 is a decent product. Norephedrine is an excellent appetite suppressant, not much of a true thermogenic in humans (but appetite suppression is responsible for 80-90% of the efficacy of thermogenics that work via norepinephrine) -- alpha 1 agonists have some other effects that will aid fat loss. They should have put larger amounts of the other ingredients, but wanted to keep side effects down while still being able to list them on the label. It is too expensive, because of the addition of ALA, which likely does nothing for fat loss.

Overall, good appetite suppressant (on par with EC), okay thermogenic (likely less than EC). Probably does not spare muscle as well as EC because it does not activate the beta receptors to as great an extent.

As a former MD6 user, I agree with Par Deus on his assessment. Save your money for another ECY product, or better yet, MAKE IT YOURSELF.

BE

Top Bottom