Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cutting for the Natural Athlete

ShaneCook18

Hey guys. Just joined this page and i am liking what im seeing but i am a natural athlete. And i know there are more on here so i want to know what everyones macros are like for cutting.

I personally prefer a high fat low carb and moderate protein approach and it works quite well, but the fat doesnt help in getting rid of that lower stomach fat.

Hopefully someone has some good advice.

Cheers from Australia.

From Australia to man ;p

Why moderate protein? Protein has a great thermogenic effect and can help burn up to 30% more fat. Cutting whilst natty can be a trick in the book as it fucks with your hormones a lot but then again so does steroids.

I agree with you on the moderate protein, I go for 1.1-1.2g/lb of LBM I find high protein diets unnecessarily tax my system (during a cut).

I am a big fan of carb cycling as my daily routine (and designated workout) is subject to change and I feel my diet should reflect this accordingly.

My proteins and fats are identical on a day to day basis. I always keep an eye on my fats esp when cutting. As synthazeus said, cutting can wreck havoc on the endocrine system and sufficient healthy fats are the only natty way of combating that.

I don't think macro changes would get rid of that stubborn lower belly fat, just keep trying to lose fat the most efficient way you know possible and let your body take care of targeting areas as you have no control over that.
This is only true provided your hormones are not out of whack from an extreme diet (keto for example).

I agree with you on the moderate protein, I go for 1.1-1.2g/lb of LBM I find high protein diets unnecessarily tax my system (during a cut).

I am a big fan of carb cycling as my daily routine (and designated workout) is subject to change and I feel my diet should reflect this accordingly.

My proteins and fats are identical on a day to day basis. I always keep an eye on my fats esp when cutting. As synthazeus said, cutting can wreck havoc on the endocrine system and sufficient healthy fats are the only natty way of combating that.

I don't think macro changes would get rid of that stubborn lower belly fat, just keep trying to lose fat the most efficient way you know possible and let your body take care of targeting areas as you have no control over that.
This is only true provided your hormones are not out of whack from an extreme diet (keto for example).

Carb cycling is one of my prefered to. I usually do something like say, 150g one day, under 50g the next and so forth

I have tried cutting keto style (high protein, high fat and very low carb) but I didn't really enjoy it or find it healthy... I'd advise that you start initially for 2 weeks on a high protein medium fat, low carb diet.. After the two weeks I'd continue by increasing my carb intake more.. Only towards the very end of your cut you can again go and perhaps lower carbs abit more along with sodium intake!!

Top Bottom