Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cutting Diet Plateau

powerhouse972

I am eating 3000 cal and i have lost 1 and 1/4 inch of my waist since then its been hard to lose. I am planning on cutting my cals but wondering which ones to cut
I am having 300 grams of protein, 200 carbs, 95 fat
Should i cut down on my fats? Also i am all natural i have some clen but i am waiting til later in the diet to use.

powerhouse972 said:
I am eating 3000 cal and i have lost 1 and 1/4 inch of my waist since then its been hard to lose. I am planning on cutting my cals but wondering which ones to cut
I am having 300 grams of protein, 200 carbs, 95 fat
Should i cut down on my fats? Also i am all natural i have some clen but i am waiting til later in the diet to use.

Post your current weight, Body Fat% and training frequency, inclusive cardio... then we will hook you up.

Calorie cutting is something you have to do carefully.

Pintoca

i train 5 days a week 45 min long, cardio usually 1-2 times a day walking 30-45 min. i am 215 about 15-17%bf. i eat 50 grams of complex carbs in the morning, all of my fats are olive oil, i have about 125 protein from lean meat rest are shakes and 150 carbs are sugars before and after workout and cardio.

powerhouse972 said:
i train 5 days a week 45 min long, cardio usually 1-2 times a day walking 30-45 min. i am 215 about 15-17%bf. i eat 50 grams of complex carbs in the morning, all of my fats are olive oil, i have about 125 protein from lean meat rest are shakes and 150 carbs are sugars before and after workout and cardio.

My magic ball cutting calculator ( http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=374938 )

tells me you should be aiming at:

5 days @ 2300 cals 45% prot, 25% carbs, 30% fat
2 days @ 2800 cals 35% prot, 50% carbs, 15% fat

The rest is easy: fill the food gaps with BB staples:

chicken breast
tuna
lean beef
turkey
Whey

Oats
yam
whole wheat bread
veggies
Dextrose, Maltodextrine (for after lifting)

nuts
Flax
EV Olive oil

mix and match your food until you get to the ratios.

Key points:

1. Eat more real food: Thermic effect of food you WILL NOT get from shakes. Shakes supplement, can't be the staple

2. Lift heavy. To burn more calories you need your muscle mass. Since you are in a caloric deficit you body will try to burn muscle for energy (specially with the cardio). The only way to minimize this is by training HEAVY (your body does not want to get crushed under the weight). So 3-4 sets per muscle groups @ 8-10 reps max should be. Remember, failure by the last rep.

3. Don't eat carbs before cardio. The reason you are doing cardio is to burn fat. Load up on carbs beforehand and you will need to burn those first. Your body loves CARBS for fuel...

This is a start, now you can go and put together a nice diet. From that point on we can then fine tune.

Pintoca

I was going to suggest some sort of carb up schedule. I've found that that staying at the same diet for a long time gets me no where. Not enough "challenge" to the metabolism. And adding in too much cardio can just start to eat your muscle. I cut down to 8.6% bf naturally by doing a carb rotation, staying at about 1700 cals, though I ended up adding in cardio 2x/day for the last 6 weeks prior to my competition.

Sassy69 said:
I was going to suggest some sort of carb up schedule. I've found that that staying at the same diet for a long time gets me no where. Not enough "challenge" to the metabolism. And adding in too much cardio can just start to eat your muscle. I cut down to 8.6% bf naturally by doing a carb rotation, staying at about 1700 cals, though I ended up adding in cardio 2x/day for the last 6 weeks prior to my competition.

Agree with you entirely (actually it is exacly what I posted there,check the ratios for the high cals day).

Great minds think alike... HAHAHAHAHA

and that double cardio thing... that is gotta be the ULTIMATE fat burning weapon

powerhouse972 said:

Drop the sugar...
Ketosis will burn fat as energy instead of loading up on sugar. Also spiking blood sugar on a regular basis may cause insulin resistance.

Could the people giving advise explain why a guy who is already 15-17% body fat and wants a cutting diet need to put 150g of sugar down his throat, when he is already eating 300g of protein a day??

He never posted his bodyweight, but...
1. Some of the 300g of protein can be used as energy without fear of going catabolic
2. Get more protein from real food (nuts , egg whites, tuna, chicken , turkey, gluten{wheat}) If you want some sugar , drink milk. Lactose has high insulin response
3. Drink the milk before cardio. At other times use complex carbs as they explained above (oats , yams , green vegetables) Pasta and Rice should be considered off limits
4. There may be a risk of flax causing prostate cancer so I would look for other sources of omega 3's (macadamia nuts , cod liver and other fish oils , peanuts, olive oil)
Don't forget Omega 6's in polyunsaturated fats (safflower , walnuts , sunflower, enova oil)

In ketosis some of the protein is used for fuel. Most all carbs are dropped and fats as stated above from unsaturated sources. With a caloric deficit and time , your stored fat is used as fuel to make up the deficit. You probably don't weigh 300lb's so the 300g of protein and the lactose should keep your nitrogen balance from going negative.

Just .02

he never said this was a ketosis-based diet...

as for the sugar I said: "3. Don't eat carbs before cardio. The reason you are doing cardio is to burn fat. Load up on carbs beforehand and you will need to burn those first. Your body loves CARBS for fuel..."

Man, that Don king hair is creepier than my Avatar...

pintoca said:
he never said this was a ketosis-based diet...

as for the sugar I said: "3. Don't eat carbs before cardio. The reason you are doing cardio is to burn fat. Load up on carbs beforehand and you will need to burn those first. Your body loves CARBS for fuel..."

Man, that Don king hair is creepier than my Avatar...

You didn't say use a ketosis diet but I'm saying he should. He said he was taking sugar before and after workout if you reread what he said I'm saying to not do that and hence am agreeing with your number 3 with the exception that He may want sugar before cardio to help his performace. Therefore I am saying if so , drink milk preferably skim instead of dextrose maltodextrin

Top Bottom