Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Creatine CKD

barnidge

How can I improve my lifts with creatine on a CKD? I know I can use it on the carb up but can I on the other days? If not is it still effective? How many grams should I take on the carb-up day?

Thanks

diamonddiceclay said:
don't bother because creatine is not as great as people make it out to be and needs to be taken on a daily basis anyway

i disagree, maybe it doesn't work that great for you, it does for me and many people i know. but while on a CKD i would only take it during carb up, but take 20g in divided dosages with you high carb sources. i have read this in CKD info's from books on the net.

cytrix said:

i disagree, maybe it doesn't work that great for you, it does for me and many people i know. but while on a CKD i would only take it during carb up, but take 20g in divided dosages with you high carb sources. i have read this in CKD info's from books on the net.
yes, duchaine said it could be taken on carb up days only, but I have not heard anyone else agree with him

barnidge said:
How can I improve my lifts with creatine on a CKD? I know I can use it on the carb up but can I on the other days? If not is it still effective? How many grams should I take on the carb-up day?

Thanks

I've answered this one before I think...but here it goes again:
There is evidence that I've seen numerous times that creatine is a very helpful aid even while in Ketosis. Although the benefits are highly decreased due to the lack of insulin and, therefore, insulin transport, yet evidence has show that the intestine can absorb around 50% of creatine (this is not as efficient) but again it's better then nothing. So, my answer: use it if you can afford 20-30g a day, because those are very optimal doses for a 200lbs bb, in my view.

Mr.X :cool:

I agree totally with MR. X on this one. I take creatine all throughout the week on my CKD diets. Of course it doesn't work as well while your in ketosis, but it does seem to help. And of course, the weekend intake is really awesome, giving great pumps, both over the weekend and during your early week workouts.

Here's a quote that cockdezl wrote about a year ago on taking vitamin C to increase solubility of creatine:

"Vitamin C will increase solubility of creatine due to the low pH. Usually I make 2 liters of a Crystal Light mix and add about 2-4 grams of Vit C and then 5-10 grams of creatine. If anyone remembers the shortlived creatine citrate, this was the rational: Lower pH for greater solubility."

He went on to add,

"...ALA should help creatine absorbtion since its mechanism seems to be an increase of non-insulin glucose transporters on the cell surface."

MR. BMJ

Top Bottom