Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CPU hot

yes!! is it your heat sink that is hot? Or the whole inside of the tower?.. The heat sink will generally run a bit warm. But it should not be so hot that you can't touch it, or hold it for a few secs.

If it's the CPU heatsing that is really hot, then a) make sure it isn't clogged full of dust. b) make sure the heat sink is seated correctly and that all 4 corners are where they should be. Do you have an extra exaust fan at the back of the tower taking the hot air out of the system? If not, invest... they are really cheap and very helpful.

Let me know if you still have troubles..

Thanks vey much I will check for dust.

Ezekiel said:
yes!! is it your heat sink that is hot? Or the whole inside of the tower?.. The heat sink will generally run a bit warm. But it should not be so hot that you can't touch it, or hold it for a few secs.

If it's the CPU heatsing that is really hot, then a) make sure it isn't clogged full of dust. b) make sure the heat sink is seated correctly and that all 4 corners are where they should be. Do you have an extra exaust fan at the back of the tower taking the hot air out of the system? If not, invest... they are really cheap and very helpful.

Thanks for your time I cleaned out the dust it seems fine now.

Ezekiel said:

advanced-stealth said:
Thanks for your time I cleaned out the dust it seems fine now.

Ok kewl....

It might be worth adding a fan at the back of the case to suck ou the hot air as well..

Top Bottom