Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cottage Cheese???

JLo said:
I have read some posts on here where they say to eat cottage cheese and from what it looks like, it's a good source of protein....BUT - I have heard many, many times, that the "cellulite look-alike" is bad for cellulite.....so, since I don't care to have "cottage cheese" thighs, I personally, stay away from the stuff.....

Heehee -- not to sound mean, but I think that's what Joseph Campbell called sympathetic magic. Like poking needles into a voodoo doll to cause pain in the person represented. Not a flame, though, JLo! Your posts rock.

Awww, don't be like that, sweetie!

Everybody gets that feeling once in a while. I fell for an urban legend once where my friend told me her friend had been bitten by a spider in mexico, and then later had spiders come pouring out of her arm when a bunch of eggs hatched inside her! I told another friend who collected urban legends as a hobby, and he nearly died laughing. I wanted to crawl under my desk, lol.

A big kiss for you, baby! Forgive me?

Wyst

In defense of Jen, who really got creamed in this thread (way to go, wyst, what a meanie :D), it should be mentioned that there are a whole lot of other people out there that do limit dairy in their diets, especially when trying to lose fat. I already said that up above, but I don't want JLo feeling bad either. Just happens to be the minority opinion at the moment.

Na - the comments didn't bother me.... I was honestly just giving my opinion on cottage cheese..... I personally can't stand the taste and was just putting in my 2 cents. But, Wyst - since we're on the subject -

The book that I read that in (the cottage cheese look-alike thing) also said to stay away from chili .. and since reading that YEEEARS ago, I have tried to eat a minimal amount of chili even though I looooove the stuff.... - so...you're saying this is all a bunch of BS? If so, that's great - now I can eat chili without thinking that it's bad for cellulite...! I know, I know, I can be pretty nieve at times...but, it honestly made sense to me at the time! LOL !

Oh well, all is forgiven ..... that's what this board is about, right?? HONEST opinions.. I don't get my feelings hurt to easily -

IT'S ALL GOOD !! :fro:

Chili=cellulite!??! Now now Jlo, I can't imagine where you read this. I don't know for certain that it's untrue, but capsaicin (the HOT chemical in chilis) is being actively explored for it's potential as a thermogenic in humans. Capsaicin and evodiamine (similar to capsaicin but not hot to taste) are clearly and dramatically thermogenic in rats. I would eat lots of chili if I were you. How's this for the title of a scientific paper:

Effects of capsaicin-containing yellow curry sauce on sympathetic nervous system activity and diet-induced thermogenesis in lean and obese young women.
J Nutr Sci Vitaminol. 2000 Dec;46(6):309-15.

Whoooo hooo wouldn't ya like to to have been a volunteer for THAT study!

Or perhaps you might prefer:

Hot foods--unexpected help with energy balance?
Lancet. 2001 Aug 4;358(9279):348-9.

Or even:

Spicing fat for combustion.
Br J Nutr. 1998 Dec;80(6):493-4

Admittedly these studies all looked at fat loss as a whole, and didn't specifically look at cellulite. It is still possible that hot chili could contribute to, or at least not HELP with cellulite, especially if capsaicin works via beta-2 adrenergic receptors in the same fashion as ephedrine.

Now THAT'S what I call food for thought...

I love cottage cheese, eat it all the time. Mix in some hot black beans and you have a complete meal. It melts the cheese a little and tastes like a big bowl of mushy nacho topping without the chips. Ok it's not THAT bad. It's gotten me through a lot of "I HATE chicken" ruts. For me it's either chicken, cottage cheese or lean steak. Sometimes turkey, I'm not a big fan and I HATE all fish products.

MS said:
Chili=cellulite!??! Now now Jlo, I can't imagine where you read this.

:confused:

I sure am glad that I know this now ..... guess it did sound pretty silly .....:rolleyes:

I'm a big fan of cottage cheese too & mix it occasionally with a few little pieces of orange - tastes like ambrosia salad YUM!

-Glad

Top Bottom