Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

cottage cheese, when?

sugar free jam still has carbs =/. I went to buy some yesterday and was like wtf?!

This is part of my breakfast on many mornings and it tastes great.

Put one or two slices of cheese (your choice) into a whole wheat pita and then put this in the toaster so the cheese will melt. Stuff it with as much cottage cheese as possible.

This is under 300 calories with about 20-30 grams of protein.

ZKaudio said:
sugar free jam still has carbs =/. I went to buy some yesterday and was like wtf?!

sorry about that... i didn't realize you were looking for no-carb options. it does taste good though!

Sugar-free jam just means no ADDED sugar. There's still fruit in it, unless someone is selling fruit-free and sugar-free jam YUCK that would just be like jello!!

The cottage cheese we have in the house has only got 3.5g carbs per 100g. You could eat 500g of the stuff every day and still be below 20g carbs.......

sometimes i blend a cup of it with my bedtime protein shake, you can hardly taste it, unless your using the fat free stuff, then it tastes a little sour.

MS said:
Sugar-free jam just means no ADDED sugar. There's still fruit in it, unless someone is selling fruit-free and sugar-free jam YUCK that would just be like jello!!

The cottage cheese we have in the house has only got 3.5g carbs per 100g. You could eat 500g of the stuff every day and still be below 20g carbs.......

I have a question on the above. Considering that I'm not on any keto-type diet (just trying to maintain right now), the sugar-free jam wouldn't really be too detrimental as long as I factor it into my daily calories, would it? I mean, a tablespoon is only 5 grams of carbs...this isn't enough to cause any kind of insulin spike, right?

the tastiest thing to eat with cottage cheese is apple butter....:p

also good is salsa, jam, pears, peaches, pineapples....i also like using it for protein pancakes.

A bro on here about a year ago stated that he eats his CC with potatos.

If you haven't tried it yet, i'd suggest you do, as it is fucking great! I just warm up 2 medium sized potatoes in the microwave and pour 2 cups of cottage cheese over them. Lately, i've been peeling off the skin.

I also add 3-5 potassium pills with this meal (99mg/tab) since I tend to be a little sodium sensitive.

Princess, you will be fine as long as you count your Kcals. I'm sure MS will agree as well, that since most people only use small amounts, then you don't need to sweat the small stuff......unless you are close to a contest of some sort. I use sugar free jelly as well when I have toast and eggs. Apricot is awesome.

BMJ

Top Bottom