Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CoolColJ, help vertical jump

balla21

I had a few specific questions
I currently have a 30 inch vert. I lift heavy (squats, Deads, cleans) on mondays and Thursdays. Do u think i could add some light (40%1RM) squats and jump squats(30 %max) on Tuesdays and Fridays.
I would also like to know what kind of rep range i should use for glute ham raises. Thanks

balla21 said:
I had a few specific questions
I currently have a 30 inch vert. I lift heavy (squats, Deads, cleans) on mondays and Thursdays. Do u think i could add some light (40%1RM) squats and jump squats(30 %max) on Tuesdays and Fridays.
I would also like to know what kind of rep range i should use for glute ham raises. Thanks

You would most likely be too fatigued to do them with any sort of decent speed. Do the heavy stuff one day a week say monday, and do the fast stuff on Thrusday. No point in doing heavy stuff twice a week, unless your doing squats on monday and deads on Thursday? I don't know how your pslitting up the exercises

here is how I would do it

Monday - cleans, squats, deads etc
thursday - jumpsquats, speed squats etc

or

Monday - jumpsquats complexed with squats, deads etc
thursday - cleans, speed squats etc

although I don't tend to do squats and deads heavy in the same session, either one heavy and one lighter.

just be careful with jumpsquats they can cause patella and quad tendon tendonitus, cycle them in and out. Alternate between normal jump style (1/4 squat) and full squat style to keep the knees in good shape. Also do a 10-15 sec isometric hold at the bottom before jumping and starting the set, improves the reactivity.
There are other ways to do it, maybe alternating between jumpsquats and speed squats etc.

GHR - well hammies are fast twitch so on the lower side anything under 6 is good.

- why you guys spend so much time in the gym lifting tons of steel!!
get your ass on the track field and raise your speed at the same level as your strenght !!
-elasticity ,speed , core power and then we might go for some olimpic lifts !! but only folowed by speed drills .in 10 sec brake !!
-and you need to eat good !!
maybe your vert leap will need more squat power after you reach a 35 inch and for that 2-3 inch more you will need an extra boost from squat drill .
-plus jumping tehnique is a must !! i bet a balerina can jump more then a bodybilder ! think about that !! .
again you coolcolj !!
come with something new !! brainstorming !!

I do have 38 inch vertical leap standing , I have also touched 11-2 standing as far as I remember.

vj improvements are easy. It is not a rocket science. Improve your limit strength in the gym. Get out and carry it to your explosive strength.( But I almost never got out lol ) Do at least 2 sessions a week... Dont have much time right now so either pm me some time or you can ask a specific question here, which is better

I do have 38 inch vertical leap standing , I have also touched 11-2 standing as far as I remember.

vj improvements are easy. It is not a rocket science. Improve your limit strength in the gym. Get out and carry it to your explosive strength.( But I almost never got out lol ) Do at least 2 sessions a week... Dont have much time right now so either pm me some time or you can ask a specific question here, which is better

+1
Also It sounds like you got plenty of strength training going on like the dude earlier said Get out to the track work on your hip flexors ankle strength lots of butt excersizes and 30 yard sprint your ass off! Seated Box hops are good for explosive power too. Core is a must as well.

i'm 5'10 and was test in college with a vert machine at over 40 running. i've been able to dunk very easily since my freshman year and never touched a weight with my legs until about 1.5yrs ago. before i started lifting i was 5'10 165lbs...i got up to 215lbs and my vert went up even with the significant weight gain. Now saying this, i wish i would have starting weight training earlier for highschool and college sports. heavy heavy squats (no more than 5reps), ass to the ground is what i found helped me. my plyo training was just playing bball

Top Bottom