Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Confession time: How many of you are former upper body heros?

whateverdude

Forgive me fathers of body building, for I have sinned. I've been working out for a little over a year now, and the first 3-4 months I was all about only doing upper body movements:( . Actually, for the first 1-2 months I did only bicep curls and bench pressing and I gradually added more upper body lifts. Eventually I started visiting boards on the internet like this and realized how silly I would look if I had a huge upper body but skinny chicken legs, so I added leg extensions, leg presses, and hamstring curls. At this point now, I have learned basically all the ropes and I do squats and deads now and I must say my body is growing quicker than it ever has before :D did anyone else start body building from scratch like I did, not knowing how to do any types of lifts, or did you guys have someone to teach you how to do the big lifts right away? Man I wish someone was there to teach me right away, I could've made much better gains in this year than I have, but oh well. :p

Guilty as charged...

For the first few (actually six :( :( :( months) I was lifting I was defintely one of those people suffering from ARMITIS and PECITIS, but the realization that I actually have muscles called quads and hamstrings that strangely enough could also be built in a similar way and lo and behold could become bigger pretty much sank in when I decided I wanted to play football in college...

Yeah...if only I knew then what I know now...

Later
Snooker

i'm the opposite... did legs more than anything else... they still hold a lot of size despite not hitting them hard lately. my calves on teh other hand are shrinking... its frustrating.

Madbomber... Steps with weights, full extension each step. That'll keep your calves up there. :)

Whatever - you are forgiven..now go bust some legs..

This is good one cause many have started w/ the upper body. My first year had nothing to do w/ legs. I'm still playing catch up.

I'm guilty too. For the first several months I did nothing but shoulders arms traps and chest. Never did back or legs. Didnt really know how cause I used to lift in my room and I learned to lift by reading magazines. Thanks to this board and others I now hit everybody part on a weekly basis.

I was never an upper-body superhero. As a matter of fact, for the first year or so of my training, I would always work out my legs....... in a full-body workout...... for about an hour and a half..... everyday.....

I think being an upper-body superhero would have been more productive.

-Warik

Not me, my problem is my right knee is shot, so it is impossible to go real heavy, thus my legs are hard to mass up, so I look like I am an upper body guy a little bit.

I am an upper-body hero today. :(
My knees are shot and hurt when I walk up stairs even without without working them.:bawling:

if im anything im a lowerbody hero..i want my legs to pick up the phase and join my upper body...and its coming along...veeeeeeeerrryyy sloooooooowlllyyyy

Top Bottom