Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Coming off a keto diet

david_diesel

I am finishing up week 3 of my keto diet. I have 1 more week to go and i was wondering what the best way to go about eating carbs agin would be without putting on the b/f that i just shed.

i am 5'8" 145 lbs and have been eating about 1700 calories per day. i have done my best to keep my carb intake below 100 g which is appprox 1/4 of my daily caloric intake. i have been in moderate ketosis for most of the time..a few times i have been in the dark purple and after carb ups natuarally i'm in small or trace ketosis. i'm taking ALA which has been a tremendous help...approx 2 grams/day

so far i have dropped 13 lbs in the past two months, i started at 158 and 16.6% bf with a 34" waist. right now like i said i'm at 145 and about a 31" waist. tomorrow morning i go to get pinched and am hoping to see a significant change. the keto diet has helped me shed an extra 5 lbs in the past 3 weeks which has equated to about an inch on my waist. i just don't want to blow all my hard work because i go back into the carbs to heavy. please help.

thanks guys

Congrats on your success so far.

My recommendation is to stick to low GI carbs (ie complex carbs).. They will not spike your insulin as fast and thus as long as you stay at/under maintenance calories for the day, you should be set.

I think you should be adjusted to carbs after 10 days or so. You will definitely gain back water weight.

plornive said:
I think you should be adjusted to carbs after 10 days or so. You will definitely gain back water weight.

Good point - You will rebound a little on ths scale from the natural water retention needed to hold the glucose in you body...

You could do a slow carb-up for a week to give your carbs somewhere to go, and you could try an isocaloric diet for a week or two. That helped me when I came off a keto diet.

thanks guys, i'm gonna start planning tonite. also, do you think 4 weeks of keto is enuff or should i stick it out maybe another 2 weeks for a 6 week total?

Depends. If it continues to be effective, I see no reason for you to stop right? So is it no longer effective?

I found that the metabolic changes that occur at around the one month mark make the diet not work as well. I don't like keto diets very much either.

ya it's not my most favorite diet, not exactly the most tasty either but when saturday evening rolls around it makes that pizza and garlic bread all the tastier. i'm gonna see what the calipers have to say tomorrow, once again thanks for your input

Just wanted to update with the news from this mornings pinch.

in 3 1/2 months i was able to shed 10 lbs of fat :) but also lost 4 lbs of muscle :-(

here's my results

1/31/2002 160 lbs 16.6 % Bf 133 lbs lean mass 27 lbs fat
5/17/2002 146 lbs 11.9 % Bf 129 lbs lean mass 17 lbs fat

I'm pretty happy although i can't imagine trying to lose anymore body fat, i think i may have to start looking to put on some lean muscle to reduce BF. thanks to everyone who's answered my questions, i'm sure i'll have some more as my quest for single digit BF continues

Top Bottom