Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

close grip pull ups

muscledog95

You know the pull up bars that stick out close to each other with the hammer grip. Does anyone here do that and what part of the back does it work?

thanks

It works the lower part of the upper back, where your lats insert to your waist. they als work the serratus muscles. you know those fingerlike muscles under your pecs. I only do them on occasion though.

If my understanding of kinesiology is accurate, when the hands are using this type of grip where they face each other, this puts the elbow flexors in their most advantageous position to pull.Simply said, it makes it easier to do more reps or with more additional weight than if you were to do a supinated or pronated grip chin.

windmill you prat, you can't hit one part of the lats more than another part. they either contract or they don't. end of story.

Ballast has got the idea.

upper and lower lats..............upper and lower bicep.......... middle and outer chest..........

when will they learn

I don't know man, but I used to believe that shit too. I blame it on bodybuilders and the magazines.

With the biceps story I'm with you but for lats man, that's one huge muscle. If you change the grip you use you for sure will change the part of the lats you use. I'm certain of that.

Top Bottom