Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

close-grip bench for tris??

protobe

see now okay before the break i was doing this-skullcrushers 5x5 dips 5x10 and pulldowns 5x10. Now i got a little problem i did it yesterday and i barely feel it today, I want to add something else in in place of the pulldowns. How good does close grip work?? if its good should i do 5x5 or 5x10?? thanks for the help
protobe

I used close grip for 5X5. It's the best way to use the heaviest weight when working triceps.

I do close grips or weighted dips for the 5x5, then a couple isolation excercises.

Remember to not do close-grips like a regular bench. Your grip should be inside shoulder width apart, and keep your elbows in on the downward movement. This means the bar will hit you lower than it would for a regular bench. Also remember to squeeze the tris a the top of the movement.

Soreness isn't a prerequisite of growth but....

Close Grips are a great tricep exercise, go ahead and throw them in and see how they feel. I would recommened doing these first though.

gymtime said:
Remember to not do close-grips like a regular bench. ... and keep your elbows in on the downward movement. This means the bar will hit you lower than it would for a regular bench.

"regular"?

heheh. :D

when i bench, regardless of the grip, the bar hits the same spot, my abs.

the bar hits my chest on bench. Oh well i'm gonna throw them in next week. so how would this look??
closegrip supersetted with shrugs 5x5 each
french curl 5x5 supersetted with military.
dips every two sets 5x10
i think this looks pretty good now in april when i cut should this all the look pretty much the same?

yeah so i did some close bench yesterday and my tris are sore as a motherrrrrrrrrrrr. works that whole upper part of the tri. good stuff.

edit: what are some of your guys close grip weights?

My tricep workout is like this

close grip press- 5x5
skullcrushers- 2x10
tri pushdowns with a rope- 2x10

I don't do dips because I am rehabbing from shoulder surgery.

Top Bottom