Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Clean

CoolColJ said:
More a hip and leg movement than anything
I humbly and respectfully disagree.

Aside from the hips and legs, lets not forget the calfs, hams, hands, forearms, biceps, shoulders, traps, lats, erectors, abs and all those lil stabilizer muscles whose names I cannot even spell let alone pronounce. Core muscles for short.

IMHO.... the clean, whether power cleans or squat cleans are a full body synergistic movement requiring just about every muscle group to execute and complete the lift.

To get back to the original post, I incorporate cleans in my back workouts. When and if doing both cleans and deads in the same workout, I do the cleans first then the deads. My thinking is the cleans totally ready and prep my back for the heavier deads.

I have a separate day for OL related lifts, basically i do snatches, cleans, jerk/push press, and front/overhead squats one day during the week.

Well you could say the same thing about every exercise, heck even the barbell curl, hits the traps, front delt, lower back and legs, but they aren't the prime movers :)
Every freeweight exercise utilises the forearms, hands and core muscles to some degree.

The legs and Posterior chain, with some traps are still the prime movers in the olys though. That is why squatting and pulls will make you stronger in them.

CoolColJ said:
Well you could say the same thing about every exercise, heck even the barbell curl,.
I agree 100% Cool but IMHO not to the same degree as with cleans. The cleans will demand "considerably" more out of the other muscle groups to complete the lift. After all, The clean (power or full) is a double compound movement utilizing 4 joints (knees, hips, elbows, shoulders), not many other lifts utilize 4 joints to complete especially for example curls which requires 1 joint.

Aside from the physiological and mechanical aspect of the clean, I`m also biased towards cleans. I have always felt it to be one of the all time great power movements.

Last edited:
Top Bottom