Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CKD and boxing ????

dark-knight

i started boxing about a month ago

training consists of 2hrs hiit balls to the wall mon, weds, thurs
weight training tues, fri

just started ckd diet today anyone tried anything like this and what results did you achieve

i was not able to do CKD with a boxing/MMA routine. I was entirely too lethargic. Even on stims.... they worked much worse without the carbs

Yeah I tried that diet too with boxing and simply just had no energy. Tired all the time when it was time to workout and during my workout. You need carbs for those workouts and shouldn't restrict them.

Yeah I tried that diet too with boxing and simply just had no energy. Tired all the time when it was time to workout and during my workout. You need carbs for those workouts and shouldn't restrict them.

CKD is a great diet, very effective and "idiot proof imo" (no hidden cals, you know what you can and cant eat rather quickly and it doesn't take too much planning, eat high fat/high protein shit)

well ill give it a try and see how i go this month, if i am unable to train efficiently i will pull the pin i guess but i am determined to give it my best. i started yesterday morning and tested today with ketostixand registered ketones so i guess its starting to work. i have been told that it would take longer than this so maybe the ketostix are innacurate, anyone had similar experiences?

no you can definitely have ketones rather quickly depending on your body. You will know when you get into KETO imo. You definitely feel different. At least for me. I'm much more lethargic, feel much colder, and just........ i dunno feel different. Just my experience

ketostix are pretty much worthless imo.

If you are new to a keto type diet, it will take time to fully adapt. Once you adapt, the lethargy will absolutely go away and you will feel great.

But you have to be tight with the diet during the adaptation phase. Trace amounts of carbs can add up if you aren't careful and can keep you from adapting or prolong the adaptation process.

Don't start the CKD with calories or fat too low. During the adaptation phase, I typically use 60% fat 30-35% protein for the first 10-14 days. And keep the calories a bit higher to make the transition smooth. After I am feeling adapted, then the actual diet portion starts. I will change the ratio to 55-60% prot , 35-40% fat. At that point I get to my desired caloric deficit.

You really have to think of the first 10-14 days as an adaptation period.

If you are feeling constantly lethargic, you are not adapted or you are doing something wrong.

i felt lethargic yesterday before boxing but after warming up i was fine. seemed to find a second wind as soon as training intensified.

i did have two cheeseburgers without the buns or sauce before training though. fugging disgusting

Top Bottom