Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

chunky Monkey...help! NeWbiE HeRe...

ddrun

Hi there everyone,

I am new to this site and need as much advice/recommendation/support/education as possible. I am beginning a new diet and exercise program mainly to lose the extra weight/fat I have gained over the last couple years.

Currently, I am 22yo, 5'3, 170lbs and body fat % is unknown but I tend to hold weight in my stomach. I have an athletic build and solid muscles from a lifetime of playing sports. Although with the extra weight, I have gained some fat all over. I would like to ultimately get down to about 125lbs but my first goal is to get to 140lbs reasonably. So I do have a lot of weight to lose. I also do not want to "bulk" up just yet because I already have a solid build, so toning and tightening my muscles and slimming everything down is my main goal for now.

I maybe have a slightly better understanding about diet and exercise and supplementation than most "average" dieters but still would like to learn a lot more. I am experienced with EC stacks and continue to do them off and on. My main goal is to BURN FAT. This is a must. Since it has been a long time since I have been fully engaged in a continuing and consistent exercise program I need advice on how to ease my body into an effective workout program. I am finally ready to take the plunge and get my a$$ off the couch and get back into shape and do what I know I need to do.

I am not following any diet program. But, from what I know and research, I have planned out 4-6 mini meals per day, each one consisting of a carb/protein or protein/fat. Any advice or critique would be extremely appreciated. Calories per day are usually between 1200-1600 and combinations usually differ sometimes but always a carb and protein.

Here are some examples of what I might chose to eat:
(Not all of this in one day, but usually split up into mini meals until I reach my caloric needs)

1/2 c oatmeal
1/2 c cottage cheese

2 slices whole wheat light bread
2 eggs

1 scoop protein powder
8 oz skim milk

1 can tuna with lemon juice (flaxseed oil, sometimes) OR 1 chicken breast
1 sm sweet potato

lots of steamed broccoli or spinach

spoonful of fresh peanut butter (whole foods fresh ground...so yummy! but good idea???)

1 apple or banana

1 light yogurt

can of light soup or some beans

Any suggestions/comments/ideas about my diet???

My current workout is some weight training and some cardio. Definitely need to get into a routine and I need help figuring out a good workout regimen to maximize fat burning. It's lacking and I need to get going.

As far as supplements go, I am very curious about what is out there. I am not one to just start popping pills, I do my research and I stick to the recommended dosages. I am not opposed to anything, I would just like more information and recommendations and from there I can do my research. Like I said, at this point, my main goal is to lose the fat. I am a fan of the EC stack and have been using it for years off and on. My body handles stimulants well and I have no health problems or conditions...I'm just a chunky monkey right now and thats why I am here!

I would love to hear from someone who has good advice or experience. Also, if there is anything other than EC stacks that might help me, I am not opposed. Thanks for reading.

No more chunky monkey!!!

:newbie:

OMGosh! Hey Chunky Monkey, CurvyMommy here! We will get along just dandy, LOL!

I am so glad to meet you. WELOCME to EF. You'll be so glad you decided to post and I am excited to read what the resident experts advise you to do.

I am not really up to offering advice but rather joining with you in this to lose body fat. I am 5'5'' and weigh somewhere in the low 160's. Since I started lifting more weights I don't weigh in as much as I used to because I am gaining muscle right now and that tips the scale.

I only take vitamins and hydroxycut. I feel that though I may use other supplements later, right now, in my body's current state, there is plenty I can do on my own through clean eating and busting my butt at the gym. I'm not looking to "fine tune" my body but rather look at myself as a clean slate where there is plenty of room for improvement.

My ONLY real advise to you is to research the top threads in this women's forum and the links that lie within. Man, you will get LOTS of great stuff there from the way to eat to workout ideas. Basically for now, I just have been lifting heavy weights and sweating a lot on the bike and stair maching 6 days a week. For me, just getting to the gym is a great starting point. Oh yeah...and getting info here.

Anyhoo, nice to meet ya! See you around here often.

Molly
starting weight 260/current weight 160?/ goal healthy hottie 140's maybe?

Hello and Welcome :)

Was it Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey that had you put on some chub?

Lux ice cream did me in last winter when I was 'off' due to injury.

It would be a good idea to get some way of tracking your bodyfat, accumeasure calipers are a one site measurement, easy to do, and far better than weight if you are of an athletic build.

Losing fat is about creating a calorie deficit, so cardio will help with this, but too much can be counterproductive.

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/w...ardio-queen-may-counterproductive-580116.html

Also there is more and more evidence mounting about the insulin-cortisol fat connection, especially tummy fat.

Your diet looks good for avoiding simple carbs, so that is half the battle.

I also wouldn't eliminate weight training, it burns more calories for a longer period, 24 hours after an intense weight training session, and more muscle will up your metabolism.

Muscle also takes up a lot less space than fat, the one thing women do have problems with is that it weighs more.

I think it looks a lot better as well :)

As far as fat burners go, there are a lot of effective OTC ones, but most do contain caffeine, which really can be a double edged sword. Too much caffeine can trigger cortisol, which in turn triggers insulin, and when your bodyfat is higher, more fat storage.

I also don't think fat burners work all that well until your body fat is quite low.

Darn it, you had to say chunky monkey, that is my favorite brand of ben and jerry's ice cream!!!

Anafit products are pretty good. you can find the at www.anafit.com

msam76 said:
Darn it, you had to say chunky monkey, that is my favorite brand of ben and jerry's ice cream!!!

Anafit products are pretty good. you can find the at www.anafit.com

If you want to change that, there's this story they tell at the factory that turned me off for good ;)

I did want to check on something, when you say light yogurt, what do you mean?

There was some recent research that showed that milk increases IGF-1 levels, but the same effect was not found with more processed milk products like yogurt and cheese.

I do think some women become slaves to the dairy products, I would try to eat another protein source, like chicken, turkey, tuna or lean beef.

msam76 said:
What story is that?

Well, after the flavor was So successful in the US, they tried selling it in Japan, but no one ever bought it. The closest possible translation for the flavor was "Chunks of Monkey" and for some reason that was disturbing ;)

Top Bottom