Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chunk Light or White Albacore Tuna?

What is your preference .....

• Chunk Light

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • White Albacore

Votes: 31 77.5%

• Total voters

vtec96

What does everyone prefer? I prefer Albacore but the price is twice as much as Light - $1 compared to about 50 cents!
The only nutritional difference I can see is about one more gram of protein in Albacore. Are there any other differences between them?

Albacore is way better:

taste so much better
more protein

Albacore without a doubt tastes much better than the regular it has more fat but the taste makes up for it :)

I agree, Albacore tuna tastes much better than the chunk light tuna.

Also, some Albacore tuna's have a moderate amount of omega 3's per serving. These usually have 3 grams of fat per serving and do not have any added oil. For some reason, I have not seen them in any of the big chain stores by my house in the last several months. Maybe they are on the verge of becoming obsolete?

Albacore NO CONTEST. Chunk light is a musty substance, while albacore you can pick up in a few big hunks. Chunk light is very watery and messy, kind of bitter.

I like chunk light, I get it 3 for 1.00 on sale, it tastes better IMO, and the protein difference is minimal.

Top Bottom