Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Changin' routine check it out...

Tryn2

I have been doin a standard routine but i think i want to switch it up...
Goals, would be to keep increasing size and strength if possible while focusing on fat loss.
How does this look:

MONDAY Chest, Shoulders
Flat bench 10,8,6,5
Incline dumbel 3x8-10
Flyes 3x8-10
Military smith press 4x10
Standing side laterals 3x10

TUESDAY Back
Deads 12,10,5,5,5
Pulldowns 4x10
Seated rows 4x10
Shrugs 3x12

WEDNESDAY Legs
Squats 12,10,8,6,6
Leg press 3x10
leg curls 3x10
Calf Raise 3x12

THURSDAY: Cardio & abs

FRIDAY Arms
Skull crushers Superset with close grip bench 4x10
work in incline dumbell curl 4x10

Standing barbel curl
superset with
Tri press down both 4x8-10

Hammer curls 3x8
superset
overhead dumbel ext 3x8

Abs eod,
-Cardio after all days except legs for 15 mins
-Cardio 3 or 4 times per week 30 mins in the AM empty stomach.

I dont like working back and quads on 2 consecutive days..why not move thurs session to wed..Also i know people like them but i would ditch leg presses and add hack squats..

Yeah that move would make sense. it really would just allow more recovery to grow. I just posted this as a brainstorm, I see so many different people doing different things with training. But I have also seen a lot of the results. I know they say most books on training are BS. But really alot of those guys look damn better than some people giving advice. Are there any books that give good advice thats worth reading and following. I have seen bust your ass and do 5 to 6 days a week. I have seen people swear by that and swear by one work set per body part once a week. Im not sure who may be on target. All I know is I dont want to waste alot of time testing out a shit load of routines, I have done this. Some have to be a good general one then you could tweak it. I have seen some killer bodies on here but alot hangout on the anabolic board and never give training or diet advice. Maybe Im being too picky. Thanks for all you help.....

Never assume more is better..i think one thing that is a must is to include the big 3 compound movements and add weight each week to them..2.5 lbs each week adds up to a lot of weight in 52 weeks..which is why i really like 5x5 it forces you to add weight..im usually a high vloume type of trainer so i would do 5x5 for my main movement for each body part then do what i felt like i needed for anciallry work..others will find that 9 total sets are enough..1 work set is not a bad idea the only thing is most people think they are moving a heavy weight when in actuality they are not..its similar to the way ronnie coleman trains..

Unno when I first started I did the mains like
Chest/bench, Back/deads or rows, Legs/squats, Shoulders/military, arms/bar curl , close grip bench
Then I would do follow up work. I may go to a 5x5 using those..Hrmm I guess I just always try to increase more and get stuck. See I usually dont have a partner so jumping by 2.5's may be harder for me as I would really be pushing myself working out alone. But to be honest I think I already know the answer....

wnt2bBeast said:
I dont like working back and quads on 2 consecutive days..why not move thurs session to wed..Also i know people like them but i would ditch leg presses and add hack squats..

Makes sense as deadlifts also work hams. I actually do back and legs on same day and just started doing deads. It feels ok but I thought that doing deads and squats on same day may not be recommended.

Anyone have any opinions on this?

By the way I do a two day split so if I had back on a different day than legs then it may end up being on two consecutive days...

I think it looks good, but I agree with wnt2bBeast in how you might do well to move your cardio day to wednesday and your leg day to thursday.

1. mix your reps up on bench. Try to change them about every 3-4 weeks.
For instance: 4 weeks with 10, 8, 6, whatever
4 weeks with 5x5
4 weeks with 3 sets of 10 at the same weight.
MIXING THINGS UP WILL LET YOU GROW.

2. doing squats after deads will make you one sore man and might hurt the lower back if you arent careful.

Allon said:
deads after squats

all depends on when you do legs and when you do back.
It is just a good thing to take a day off between the two if you are going to do squats and deads.

Top Bottom