Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Car accident ,false reporting

jaybois

Chairman
Chairman Member
A friend and i were involed in a accident saturday morning,we took out a couple of trees leaving a strip club.No one was hurt other than us,we fled the seen,and he reported it stolen.A cop came to my house a couple of hours ago basicly calling bullshit.I told him i could not comment on anything with out my lawyer.I was partially scalped and my hair was stuck in the windsheild,he said they were going to do a dna test.We have tried to contact a lawyer,but have had no luck getting a response.My friend was going to confess but i told him to talk with a lawyer First.Any you good bros have suggestions?
 
Wow. Thats pretty fucked up.

Tell your friend to STFU first off.

You are probably going to get busted for something but a good lawyer will be the difference between some serious shit and a slap on the wrist.
 
lol, yea dude everyone tries this, it never works, good luck espeically with hair in the winshield and being partialls scalped, that sucks
 
tempest2003 said:
lol, yea dude everyone tries this, it never works, good luck espeically with hair in the winshield and being partialls scalped, that sucks
That"s what the cop said ,better than a dui i guess.
 
jaybois said:
A friend and i were involed in a accident saturday morning,we took out a couple of trees leaving a strip club.No one was hurt other than us,we fled the seen,and he reported it stolen.A cop came to my house a couple of hours ago basicly calling bullshit.I told him i could not comment on anything with out my lawyer.I was partially scalped and my hair was stuck in the windsheild,he said they were going to do a dna test.We have tried to contact a lawyer,but have had no luck getting a response.My friend was going to confess but i told him to talk with a lawyer First.Any you good bros have suggestions?
next time that happens call a friend on your prepaid phone bought with cash with no trace to you .have him bring a can of gas light that fucker torch it good so it burns it to a crisp so bad it just melts the entire car .
 
The Chapaquidic defense is always best: "We wrecked and I don't remember shit after that! I think someone ran us off the road!"
You fucked up with reporting it stolen.
 
Talk to a lawyer. I know a guy who did that and they upped the obstruction of justice charge from a misdeamenor to a felony.

Your probably not in much trouble. Listen to this story bro, it'll make you feel better. Some idiot I know was driving home drunk and crashed his car into a tree a couple miles from his house. He had 2 ounces of mushrooms and a digital scale in his pocket, and ditched them in a field close by cause he thought the cops were gonna come. So he walks back to his house and reports the car stolen. A hour or so later the cops come knockin on his door. The dumbass answers the door and the cops say they want to bring him in for questioning. They go back to where his car was crashed and see the footprints goint to the field. They follow them, find the mushrooms and scale and arrest him. This was on a Friday, so he had to wait till Mon morning to see a judge. In the mean time, the cops get a warrant to search his house and find 50+ pot plants, a bunch of valiums and vicodins that he ordered online with his credit card, and some bongs/bowls. When all was said and done he got charged with:

-felony obstruction of justice (for lying about the car being stolen)
-felony possession of controlled substance (mushrooms)
-2 felony intent to deliver (mushrooms and weed)
-felony manufacturing of marijuana (the grow room)
-d.u.i.
-driving on a revoked license
-possession of pharmies without a prescription (vicodins/xanax)
-possession of drug paraphanalia (bongs/bowls)

See bro, things really aren't so bad.
 
ryan04 said:
Talk to a lawyer. I know a guy who did that and they upped the obstruction of justice charge from a misdeamenor to a felony.

Your probably not in much trouble. Listen to this story bro, it'll make you feel better. Some idiot I know was driving home drunk and crashed his car into a tree a couple miles from his house. He had 2 ounces of mushrooms and a digital scale in his pocket, and ditched them in a field close by cause he thought the cops were gonna come. So he walks back to his house and reports the car stolen. A hour or so later the cops come knockin on his door. The dumbass answers the door and the cops say they want to bring him in for questioning. They go back to where his car was crashed and see the footprints goint to the field. They follow them, find the mushrooms and scale and arrest him. This was on a Friday, so he had to wait till Mon morning to see a judge. In the mean time, the cops get a warrant to search his house and find 50+ pot plants, a bunch of valiums and vicodins that he ordered online with his credit card, and some bongs/bowls. When all was said and done he got charged with:

-felony obstruction of justice (for lying about the car being stolen)
-felony possession of controlled substance (mushrooms)
-2 felony intent to deliver (mushrooms and weed)
-felony manufacturing of marijuana (the grow room)
-d.u.i.
-driving on a revoked license
-possession of pharmies without a prescription (vicodins/xanax)
-possession of drug paraphanalia (bongs/bowls)

See bro, things really aren't so bad.
Man that sucks,geez i think my hair starting to grow back already.
 
tempest2003 said:
lol @ ryan, thats super stupid

Whats even stupider than that is this was his 3rd d.u.i. and the 2nd time THAT MONTH that he got caught driving on a revoked. The guy has been arrested almost 10 times for driving on suspended/revoked licenses. There is dumb, dumber and then theres this guy. Truly the biggest idiot I have ever meet.

He reminds me of that burnt out hippie moron Slater from Dazed and Confused.
 
He needs to get a lawyer and then confess. He needs to work out a deal so you dont get charged for false informing. As long as he has not turned it into the insurance (Insurance Fraud) he will likely get out with:

Leaving the scene of an accident and Filing a false police report. Both are better $$$ wise than a dui. Especially long term wise.
 
black sheep said:
He needs to get a lawyer and then confess. He needs to work out a deal so you dont get charged for false informing. As long as he has not turned it into the insurance (Insurance Fraud) he will likely get out with:

Leaving the scene of an accident and Filing a false police report. Both are better $$$ wise than a dui. Especially long term wise.
He told me he filled out a online claim for the accident,claiming it was stolen, shit he"s probley fucked then.
 
The big issue I see is that you lied to the cops by claiming the car was stolen. This triggers a whole new list of criminal liability. It can get real bad if your buddy makes an insurance claim on the accident. That then triggers insurance fraud which is serious business.

Have your friend talk to an attorney ASAP.

You keep your mouth shut too. You could get charged with a host of things including conspiracy.
 
Oh boy. Tell him to go to a Lawyer first thing tomorrow - a good one. He needs to tell the lawyer EVERYTHING and ask what to do. Follow his advice.

This is going to be a costly lesson for your buddy.
 
black sheep said:
He needs to get a lawyer and then confess. He needs to work out a deal so you dont get charged for false informing. As long as he has not turned it into the insurance (Insurance Fraud) he will likely get out with:

Leaving the scene of an accident and Filing a false police report. Both are better $$$ wise than a dui. Especially long term wise.

The filing a fall police report could become a felony obstruction of justice if the cops want to be hard-ons. If he filed a insurance claim he might be in some deep s***.
 
UR Screwed! Thats all I can say.
Leaving the scene of an accident.
Filing a false police report.
possibly obstruction of justicenot sure about that one
Maybe it is possible to determine how much your blood alcohol content was by evaluating your chunk of scalp

Damn dude! If at the very least if you were drunk you should have left the scene and spent the night and day at a friends house then reported the accident. one little charge of leaving the scene of the accident is better than the wrath they will throw on you now for not cooperating. You were smart to keep your mouth shut but I am betting they are scaring the shit out of your friend right now and making him a deal that if he testifies what happens they will drop all charges against him which is probably only leaving the scene of an accident or they are threatening with charging him with driving since nobody fessed up. Although they can tell by whose scalp is in the steering wheel. I hope he is loyal and I hope when you talked to him it was not taped. Seriously I can not preach to the choir I got a DUI last year. Always swore that other people got them not me. Well I learned one thing for sure they were right, a cab is a heck of a lot cheaper!!
 
You're fucked bro get a lawyer. I would be more worried about someone talkin than the DNA test. I doubt they will spend the money on a DNA test for a few tress, and they could care less about the insurance company. Your friend should have just taken his DWI like a man and you wouldn't be in this shit.
 
hey at least you guys will not get a dwi now ypou should czll the cops and say something like you guys took a cab and you found out that your buddy took your car without you knowing
 
You might be ok if you were a passanger, but the driver might be screwed...

I have had the same thing happen to my friend when i was with him, but he just left the car we ran cause we were all pritty drunk.

he didnt report it stolen , cops just found it and he said he crashed and left the sceen.

Dnt be cheap when it comes to paying for a lawyer.
 
CO B-man said:
UR Screwed! Thats all I can say.
Leaving the scene of an accident.
Filing a false police report.
possibly obstruction of justicenot sure about that one
Maybe it is possible to determine how much your blood alcohol content was by evaluating your chunk of scalp

Damn dude! If at the very least if you were drunk you should have left the scene and spent the night and day at a friends house then reported the accident. one little charge of leaving the scene of the accident is better than the wrath they will throw on you now for not cooperating. You were smart to keep your mouth shut but I am betting they are scaring the shit out of your friend right now and making him a deal that if he testifies what happens they will drop all charges against him which is probably only leaving the scene of an accident or they are threatening with charging him with driving since nobody fessed up. Although they can tell by whose scalp is in the steering wheel. I hope he is loyal and I hope when you talked to him it was not taped. Seriously I can not preach to the choir I got a DUI last year. Always swore that other people got them not me. Well I learned one thing for sure they were right, a cab is a heck of a lot cheaper!!
He was driving and it was his car,he's trying to withdraw his claim right now,tommorw he"s going in with a lawyer to set it straight.When i was being question i neither said it was stolen or that he was driving,but the cop noticed my head, and said there was hair and some meat in the passanger side windsheild.
 
02gixxersix said:
Yeah but you're still fucked if you have anything to do with the false report.
Hope not,but like i said he reported it stolen ,i said nothing i belive that is my right.
 
I'd still talk to a lawyer. I believe that righ5t to say nothing only comes into affect when you are under arrest (not sure). If you are not under arrest or charged with anything I think saying nothing can result in a kind of hindering an investigation thing. Ether way though I doubt anything will come of it. Usually with small insurance fraud you just don't get your money.
 
02gixxersix said:
I'd still talk to a lawyer. I believe that righ5t to say nothing only comes into affect when you are under arrest (not sure). If you are not under arrest or charged with anything I think saying nothing can result in a kind of hindering an investigation thing. Ether way though I doubt anything will come of it. Usually with small insurance fraud you just don't get your money.
Man that would be some real bad shit for my buddy,he just bought the car a week ago subaru wrx sti brand fucking new 35,000 car.
 
jaybois said:
Man that would be some real bad shit for my buddy,he just bought the car a week ago subaru wrx sti brand fucking new 35,000 car.

Good thing you were only the pasangeger! Maybe you can get the cops to bring back that chunk of meat you left behind and you can get it reattached!

Seriously bro, hope you guys dont get in too much shit, sounds like some of the dumbass drunk stuff I did on my younger days!
 
Well, you just gave yourself some of the best advice possible - consult an attorney.
Keeping yourt mouth shut when the officer came around was a good move as well. As far as liability goes on your part, well, there is a host of issues that can be raised here. I'm only versed in Canadian law, so I'll tell you what could occur from our perspective:

1)Obstruction of justice is a possibility here, though as far as I can tell, based on what you have told us, is that this charge could be difficult to stick. You are not obligated to say anything about the occurrence without legal representation present, however, you ARE required to tell the officers everything you know about the accident once your counsel is present. In actuality, I can most assuredly tell you, that a lawyer would advise in your best interest to tell the police everything you know and what happened. Not to put your friendship with your friend on the line but you really need to think about #1 on this. You gain nothing by lying to the police - you didn't commit the crime, you were simply in the passenger seat.

2) This is where things get a bit more tricky - Though you are right, saying nothing is your right and that omitting to act isn't a crime, when the police start asking questions you have to start answering, otherwise, this goes back to #1. Saying nothing in this case only means you are not obligated to pick up the phone and call the police after the accident.

Really, the only offence as far as I can tell that can even be remotely laid on you is obstruction of justice. You weren't a party to the offence as you in no way aided in the commission of the offence (unless it was your car and your friend was drunk and you knowingly gave him the keys) and you aren't an accessory after the fact as you didn't aid or abet him with intent of getting him off the hook. You simply kept your mouth shut.personally, if I were you and knew then what I know now, I would of just told the police everything. Although it is generally a bad idea to spill your guts to police without legal counsel present, as I said before, most lawyers would simply tell you to co-operate. You gain nothing by bullshitting the police and open up a whole new can of worms.

In all probability though this case won't become much to talk about. All that was done was property damage (and I'm assuming the city's) and a little bit of false paperwork. Your friend is most probably looking at a fine and possible civil action if the trees were owned by a citizen or private company. Either way, if I were the officer in charge of the case, I certainly wouldn't waste my time and resources trying to hit you with an indictable offence (felony in US) that probably wouldn't hold in court.
 
What kinda car was it?

I hope it wasnt what I think it was, with a programable key(every car has a unique # that could only be programed by the dealer), then your just plain fucked, your story wont hold up.
 
get a lawyer.... u didnt know what was going on right? The cop said the car was reported stolen... holy sh!t, u had no idea what was going on, so u didnt say anything. Good lawyer, u might get interfering in a police investigation by witholding evidence, anyway good luck bro, keep us posted!
 
jaybois said:
He was driving and it was his car,he's trying to withdraw his claim right now,tommorw he"s going in with a lawyer to set it straight.When i was being question i neither said it was stolen or that he was driving,but the cop noticed my head, and said there was hair and some meat in the passanger side windsheild.


Then replace all words in my statement that says your and replace with He's
 
I didn't read all the replies, but you can walk on this. I highly doubt a dna test will be done. Either way, the story has been put out there. Stick to your guns! I'd be offended if you told me I was lying, when I'm telling you the truth about something! I good friend of mine totaled a brand new car with 30 day tags on it. The car could still barely move and he got it off to the side of the highway, ran (literally) from the scene, jumped in a cab and went home. Called it in as stolen in the morning. Of the course the cops found the totalled car on the side of the road in the middle of a major city, but they couldn't prove it wasn't stolen. Insurance covered the whole thing. End of story!
 
they have no way of testing for the alcohol content now. asaking for a lawwe if not hindering prosecution,cancelling the claim stops the insurance fraud, a possible leaving the scene of an accident(misdemeanor that would be dropped in court), and filing false report for him. save your money, both of you go to the police and be honest(except about drinking), let him take the one charge of filing a false report and possibly lsa, and learn from it.
 
You should have told them the truth. That a crackhead (if in the city) or deer (if in the country) ran out in front of you and you swerved to miss em. :qt:

Perp
 
Top Bottom