Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

can you drink coffee on a keto diet??

jet

I was just browsing the atkins page and he states that you should avoid coffe because cafiene stimulates insulin. I've never heard that before. Does anyone stop the coffe while doing a keto diet?

I have my father and brother both on the atkins diet. Since both are really having a hard time without the coffee, they have straight black coffee. Myself also had black when i'm on that diet. It doesn't seem to throw anything to off. I doubt it hurts your losses to much.
but i'm no expert.

I don't really agree with Atkins on a lot of things, and this just back-up my disagreement: Coffee is a great weight loss tool that stimulates your central nervous system. The only way it would be problematic in 'Ketosis', is if it raised your insulin levels, WHICH COFFEE DOES NOT.

The only problematic supplements/foods/dietary products/etc., in 'Ketosis' are the once that have even the slightest ability to raise insulin.
Mr.X:cool:

There are better authorities for ketonic dieting that ol' Doc Atkins. I think Lyle MacDonald and the Drs. Eades (Protein Power) are better sources. But, coffee does have carbs--a very few, but they're there. Count 'em in your daily total.

Top Bottom