Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CALVES ! what the f#%k!!!

djtwizzle

Genetically my calves are small. I have tried several different calve regimens usually containing seated calve raises and standing calve raises at various rep ranges. My thought is that heavier wieght with lower reps, say 4-5, might be the better way to go. Any ideas?

I'll second that one.

Calves are slow twitch, you need to hit them with heavy weight, high reps, and little rest. The more lactic acid and tears, the better.

Yeah thats pretty much what I do now but they just don't grow as fast as all my other muscles. Maybe I'll try less rest between calve workouts. If that doesn't work theres always specific site injections, say 50mg's of winny straight into the calves eod.LOL!!!

I used the dogcrapp method with good results. take 10 seconds to perform each rep for a set of 10, I did 4 total sets working up to a new PR max each calve workout.

heavy weight (8-15 reps) high volume(7-10 sets) low rest (20-30 seconds between sets) and high frequency (2-3 times per week).

I'll second that one.

Calves are slow twitch, you need to hit them with heavy weight, high reps, and little rest. The more lactic acid and tears, the better.

Calves actually consist of both dark and light muscle fibers (slow and fast), slow twitch muscle fibers will be activated most under aerobic stress, fast twitch will be activated best under anaerobic stress. How you want to go about accomplishing these different kinds of stress is best found from these other guys' postings.

Top Bottom